• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

shopping Calcium product question?

From my experience aphids usually prefer pepper plants to tomatoes. I only get aphids on tomatoes when my pepper plants get infested:(

POTAWIE said:
From my experience aphids usually prefer pepper plants to tomatoes. I only get aphids on tomatoes when my pepper plants get infested:(

The hairs and the juices secreted by tomato plants usually deturs insects.

I really appreciate all of the advise guys! So I am gonna chalk it up to aphids and lack of calcium.
I'm going to get some ladybugs this weekend. As far as the product link in my first post I am assuming it is not all that great to use? I bought it because it was the only product I found that says it treats calcium deficency specifically, and lists cacium and a main ingredient.
So I should just go buy some bone meal or calcium carbonate and be done with it then?

RazorBack said:
So I should just go buy some bone meal or calcium carbonate and be done with it then?

If it where me that's what I would do. Over the counter "treatments" are typically derived from 1-2 main ingrediants that are usually tenths of pennies to buy yourself. If you look at what the product contains and it's calcium carbonate why bother? You can get a gallon pre-mixed off the shelf for $10.00 or get 10 lbs and make 10,000 gallons for $10. Call me lazy, but I would just choose that later.

Back