• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Calling it a season...

I was just joking about the lizard trade.
With the amount of crickets here(camel crickets),I think I'd rather see the local tarantulas going after them or trap door spiders.
My pots are black and brown widow colonies.
But they can only do so much.
I've seen a lot of the widows grow big fast.Lots of crickets to eat.
Just too many crickets.
At least they hang out on the wall of my building,I get some pleasure smashing them with the pooper scooper broom at night.
It was funny.Last summer I squashed a lot one night,for some reason they stuck to the wall and didn't fall to the ground.
Lots of the guys that work here started talking about all the crickets hanging out on my walls.
Now I brush them off if they don't fall.
It's hard to sleep when people are outside my window looking at dead crickets.

Trippa said:
so basically if you want to stay organic and spray for quicker results then natural predators you use Sulphur (My personal choice) and if you couldn't care less about organics you go with Abamectin.

+1

If all seems lost Abamectin products like AVID will kill everything except you and your plants.

Cya

Datil

smokemaster said:
With the amount of crickets here(camel crickets),I think I'd rather see the local tarantulas going after them or trap door spiders.
Just too many crickets.
At least they hang out on the wall of my building,I get some pleasure smashing them with the pooper scooper broom at night.
It was funny.Last summer I squashed a lot one night,for some reason they stuck to the wall and didn't fall to the ground.
Lots of the guys that work here started talking about all the crickets hanging out on my walls.
i read that once established.. broad or spider mites can win and will over power predatory mites... besides theres no local breeders that can get them to me...

next year..... next year

smokemaster said:
Just too many crickets.
My between all my pots are black widows, too. You can walk 10 feet without seeing at least 3 or 4. I think they are great, so I leave them alone. And they are nocturnal.

We don`t have cricket problems here, but I do see these wasps quite a lot. This is not my photo, but they are around 2.5" long, bright metallic green and hunt crickets. 

Back