• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Can anyone identify these guys?

Hi Guys,

I have my chillies in a GHE aeroponics system but unfortunetely I don't know what they are...
I know there's Orange habs, some perronicies and some spicy thai variety.

Also, could someone pleae tell me what may be wrong with one of them.

Please see pics below.

Thanks all.

_t7IdjYrP9srnLFurp2IYw

The Sick one.

c1Rok1VRc96Bjc3fsBctiA

The healthy one

K3EMnvfZAJ-JAANAS4TyfQ

The three unknowns...

If the pics still don't show up...

Direct links.

Sick: http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/_t7IdjYrP9srnLFurp2IYw?feat=directlink

Unkown: http://picasaweb.google.com/nils.rohwer/ChillisInHydro?feat=directlink#5344155110043695506

Healthy: http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/c1Rok1VRc96Bjc3fsBctiA?feat=directlink

too early to tell for me except you may be able to tell what species they are...healthy one looks like a chinense...

Nice set up!
What makes you think the 1st one is sick, as I couldn't tell from the picture.
Also, what kind of light are you using?

Hey guys, thanks!

It's an aeropnic system and what's nice. Is the way the spray/mist is made, the pump sucks the water from the res. and there's a plate which spins really quickly to disperse the water. Works wonders and the roots are going mad, so thick and white.

The speculated sick one has very crinklyleaves and they are a lot smaller than the other leaves from similar looking types, all the other plants are doing well but then again they've only has the light on them for 4 days now. The current light is a 125w 'blue' CFL which was recommended to me by the guy at the store saying for my small system it'll be enough.

I can put more pics up if anyones interested in the aeroponics system.

The "sick one" has a healthy color and no ominous spots. That wrinkly shape doesn't automatically mean "sick". The plant will grow out of it. Maybe not with the wrinkled leaves but with the following.

Thanks again guys, I'll just leaf them be ;-) Its the first time hydro growing and I didn't want to let the nothingness spread get the other plants. I really want some hot peppers, they're very hard to come by here in Swiss

Nilsen said:
I really want some hot peppers, they're very hard to come by here in Swiss

Same thing 60 miles North... ;) But you started to grow your own so you're on the right way! Maybe we can swap some seeds end of this year.

Armadillo said:
Same thing 60 miles North... ;) But you started to grow your own so you're on the right way! Maybe we can swap some seeds end of this year.

Yea, the thing is that Europeans do like hot food, or at least hot peppers, maybe it's a pissing contest to see who can eat the hottest chilli ;-) anyway I'd love to swap seeds, I have some orange habanero seeds from southafrica which germinate incredibly quickly (2 days) as they're pretty fresh if you'd like me to send you some, other than that I'm growing a Rocoto Roja, habs and some pepperonies for sauce along with the unknows spicy Thai ones and would gladly trade with you.
Cheers

Nilsen said:
Yea, the thing is that Europeans do like hot food, or at least hot peppers, maybe it's a pissing contest to see who can eat the hottest chilli ;-) anyway I'd love to swap seeds, I have some orange habanero seeds from southafrica which germinate incredibly quickly (2 days) as they're pretty fresh if you'd like me to send you some, other than that I'm growing a Rocoto Roja, habs and some pepperonies for sauce along with the unknows spicy Thai ones and would gladly trade with you.
Cheers

There is some machoism in the pepper scene for sure. I think that's okay so far. But the main thing is that peppers are tasty and healthy and that we all love the heat!

I'm growing 7 Pot, Bhut jolokia, Lemon drop, Aji pineapple, Rats turd, red hot Thai, orange hab, hab type chinenses of various origins, Jalapenos, El Jefe, Nepali orange, Rocoto canario and red, tepin, tabasco, Turkish pepperoni and a few more. I hope to get some seeds of each variety this fall.

Armadillo said:
I'm growing 7 Pot, Bhut jolokia, Lemon drop, Aji pineapple, Rats turd, red hot Thai, orange hab, hab type chinenses of various origins, Jalapenos, El Jefe, Nepali orange, Rocoto canario and red, tepin, tabasco, Turkish pepperoni and a few more. I hope to get some seeds of each variety this fall.

Oh mam, Thats excellent, I have read so much about the 7 Pot and the "fruity" varieties such as Pineapple and the lemon, I would love some.

Lets see how the season goes, I'm hoping for some great peppers, Lots of TLC should do the trick...

Back