• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Can anyone identify this mystery pepper?...

Very good information, POTAWIE! Thanks for steering me in the right direction.

These seeds were from a seed trade! I think that explains it!

: O

Ok, well I grow a lot of peppers indoors, so I rarely have to worry about cross-pollination. My seeds always prove to be true when I test them.

: )

flowerpink-6.gif

By the way...

Do you think that's what happened to the purple cayenne seeds then, they crossed with a Jalapeno? Just wanna know what to tell folks when they ask what they are. Should I tell them they are a "Purple Cayenne Jalapeno"?!!!

This has got me thinking all kinds of things - like how I can cross-pollinate my two favorite varieties and come up with a blend of the two!

: O

The wheels are turning...

I have many questions about this of course, but I get the feeling that this is not the thread you guys would prefer I ask them in. I still have to do a search POTAWIE, and find this topic...

Thank you for all the help, you guys! I am so excited by all the stuff I've learned here.

2-6.gif

Yeah I find that mostly all of my peppers are larger when grown outside, but I am growing for ornamental beauty, not just for yield and size. Love having pretty pepper plants lining my windows all year round!

By the way...

I was told these were Bolivian Rainbow, but the fruits don't look the same when I googled the plant on the internet.

What do you guys think?

DSCI0937.jpg

The plant on the left is the one in question. Plant on right is Trifetti Variegata and purple pepper is Aurora...

DSCI0936.jpg

The Hollyberry Lady said:
By the way...

I was told these were Bolivian Rainbow, but the fruits don't look the same when I googled the plant on the internet.

What do you guys think?

DSCI0937.jpg

The plant on the left is the one in question. Plant on right is Trifetti Variegata and purple pepper is Aurora...

DSCI0936.jpg

Definitely not bolivian rainbow.
Heres mine.
008-6.jpg

I don't know where you are getting your seeds, but you're 0 for 2 on what you thought you planted.

A reputable seed supplier will give you true seed.

Bolivian Rainbow:

nicepepper7.jpg

Some of my seeds are from trades, but this is actually the first time I've ever had this happen. I usually buy my seeds.

I knew it wasn't bolivian rainbow that's for sure, but I kind of like it, and the fruits are ripping hot! I hope I can find out what it might be...

Back