• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Can I speed up the rirening process?

I have several types growing but for the last month it's been onesies and twosies... I can barely wait for them all to ripen so I can really do some harvesting.... they've all been coddled and fed correctly... is there an additional nutrient or something I can add to my plants to get them to really get to ripening?

20140816_180827.jpg
20140816_180841.jpg
20140816_180900.jpg
20140816_180920.jpg
20140816_180933.jpg

meatfreak said:
+1

And also one of the most important things....

Patience!! :D

Agreed. You just gotta suck it up and wait :)

Patience is key, that said, you can pick them when they start to turn color and ripen them fully in a brown paper bag with a banana but the flavor will always be much more improved by ripening on the plant.

I agree with what everyone's said so far. If you want more ripe pods at once, you have only two options, both of which I'd suggest you exercise: make sure your plants have enough magnesium in the flowering/fruiting stage, and grow more plants.  :eh: 

Wicked Mike said:
I agree with what everyone's said so far. If you want more ripe pods at once, you have only two options, both of which I'd suggest you exercise: make sure your plants have enough magnesium in the flowering/fruiting stage, and grow more plants.  :eh: 
I might add, start them earlier

Great post my friend. Joe's first year growing supers and is doing well. Just patience spicy joe. September will bring football and ripe pods!

LOL, I have 57 total....
Great post my friend. Joe's first year growing supers and is doing well. Just patience spicy joe. September will bring football and ripe pods!
ROLL TIDE ROLL!!!!

Stop checking them daily, i've found that looking at your plants all the time seems to magically slow the ripening LOL :D

Nice pods!

Datil

Back