smokers Can someone recommend a good smoker ?

tMQhJTb.jpg
The Hot Pepper said:
It's a joke dude.

OBb6C4N.png

I thought I’d give my two cents/update on the pellet smoker I bought. I don’t think it gets smoky enough, even on the highest smoke setting. Flavor in the meat wise that is. I’ve done brisket, pork shoulder, baby back pork ribs, salmon, burgers, brats, hot dogs, and pizzas on mine. My buddy that spent $1500 ($1800 w/ accessories lol) on a real Traeger is of the same opinion- not smoky flavored enough. They sell these tubes on amazon you can fill with pellets, light with a propane torch and throw on the grill along side stuff, but don’t think I’m gonna pull the trigger on that.

My wife and kids don’t particularly care for hickory smoked anything. At all really. I used hickory pellets on baby back ribs and they all enjoyed them. That alone tells me something is up.

The TL;DR... Pellet burner is okay for fish, burgers and hot dogs, and naan bread pizzas. IMO, if you want to smoke a big hunk of something, I’m sayin’ go with a WSM or go buy a stick burner.

It may just be another excuse to buy another smoker, but so what lol?

I bought a Rec-Tec pellet smoker about 4 years ago and have used it many times with decent results on brisket, butts, tenderloins and chicken. I also cold smoke salmon and cheese on it.  I also have a Masterbuilt electric smoker that has pretty much been relegated to smoking sausage only.   

Back