• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Can You Make a Plant Bushier

Time to update this thread. Here's the mommy plant that I cut the two tops off. It is producing pods and has a bunch of new flowers beginning to develop. I would call this experiment a success.

IMG_5681re.jpg

A couple of pods.
IMG_5705re.jpg

Just a quick update. My apologies if I'm boring you folks but I can't help it. I have to take pictures of them--I JUST HAVE TO!

Here's the mommy Red Savina plant just a few days later from above.

Getting bushy baby...

IMG_5757re.jpg

Couple of current pods...

IMG_5759re.jpg

Whole lotta future pods...

IMG_5758re.jpg

Man I love this job.

As far as I'm concerned keep the pics. coming :), A occasional reptile pictures is highly appreciated too :).
Never bores me man!

Hey Patrick, if you bury that plant in another larger pot, up to the very bottom of the lowest leaves now, the entire stem will root and your main plant will be much shorter and easier to deal with. Then, if you top it after each regrowth has two nodes, you should have a nice, bushy plant. Like someone else said, more light will keep it shorter also and put more nodes, closer together so that there are more "pepper places" on the plant.

Good luck man!

Thanks guys.

FloridaSun, you have way more ambition than I do bud. I'd need a pot four feet deep to bury it up to the bottom leaves. Plus shorter isn't easier to deal with, I'm 6'4" and the taller the plant the better. Last the plant is outside how in the heck am I going to add more light?

Thanks for the advice anyway though.

patrick said:
Thanks guys.

FloridaSun, you have way more ambition than I do bud. I'd need a pot four feet deep to bury it up to the bottom leaves. Plus shorter isn't easier to deal with, I'm 6'4" and the taller the plant the better. Last the plant is outside how in the heck am I going to add more light?

Thanks for the advice anyway though.
Your welcome. Do you have the plant in the shade? The reason I'm asking is because it looks like the intranodal length is pretty long. That's usually a sign with inside plants that there isn't enough light or with outside plants that are in too much shade.

6' 4" ! Man! How's the weather up there? Ha! I'm only 5' 10" so I like to keep things where I can reach them! :lol:

Good luck to you man! Your plants are recovering nicely.

Thanks Dan.

FS, it's missing the first few hours of a.m. sun but from about noon until the sun goes down it's getting a face full of light. Thanks for the well wishes too.:)

Back