• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

hot-sauce Can you still buy Daves Insanity sauce?

I have Dave's Ultimate Insanity I bought from Bass Pro. This stuff is pretty hot no matter what it is made wih.

Was in a hot sauce buying mode today, and having never tried the dave's insanity sauce, am just wanting to expand my non-existent hot sauce collection, I stumbled upon the insanity sauce at Target.

It is indeed hot, but that flavor is nothing to be desired. Blehhhh

i tried a bottle i got at the local grocery store, i put about a tbs on a sandwich, heat is respectful, but taste like crap, combination of cardboard and old sock

after that i figured it was because of the extract

If you look up Dave's Gourmet- he has a lot of sauces and other products for sale, you can actually email him and ask him if you want, PM me.

Dave's insanity sauce is a good bang for the buck extract sauce i would rather go for pain 100% if i wanted a extract sauce with lots of heat but little flavor.

i just tried the daves ghost chili sauce, 650,000 scoville

much better flavor, tps really livens up a 1/4 cup of salsa

Got to work this morning and found this on my desk. A co-worker wants me to eat a spoonful and test it out.... I'm reading in here that the flavor is so-so, at very best. How's the heat? Typical superhot?
8547894129_4ea093e723_b.jpg

Phil, I've seen it quoted at around 200,000 SHU so assuming you can handle the heat of a orange hab, you should be fine with this sauce. I've never had it though so I can't comment on the taste.

Yeah, shouldn't be a problem. Was just curious. Thought I'd ask before I swigged down a spoon. Thanks

Extract = capsaicin extracted from the capsicum, aka capsicum oleoresin, which is added to the sauce as opposed to the capsaicin being in the sauce naturally from the existence of peppers.

Not only can this wreak havoc on your insides, the chemicals used to extract are often harsh and cause a metallic and/or bitter taste.

My trinidad stew was much hotter than that sauce...oh my! I never did like that sauce, tried it when it first came out but I think orange habs were considered deadly then.

can you still buy daves?????

why would you want to?

I dunno.... not me. I saw the bottle sitting on my desk @ 6:30 this a.m. and remembered seeing this thread somewhere... so I dug it up breathed a little last gasp of life into it. Tasted it. Done deal. Wasn't anything I would intentionally purchase, that's for sure!

All of my work buddies got a big kick out of gathering around in the office and watching me eat it. The guy who brought it for me to try was just expecting me to take a drop on a cracker or something... shoulda seen his face when I filled a spoon with it! :rofl:

I think he panicked!

Back