wanted Canadian seed train P.R.O.J.E.C.T. ROUND 4 (looking for more members)

I only see four solutions.... one I really like.... and one I really don't like.

1. We send it off as priority mail (a guaranteed delivery date but $$$$$$$$$)
2. Risk it and send it as normal.
3. Send it to me instead. Worst case scenario, Balduvian can come and pick it up from me (sorry, I do not have the means to go to him right now... engine blown :( ) or go through it with me. He is only a 20 minute drive away from me. <--- I like this one but we need Balduvian's consent. If it doesn't make it on time, I can assure the train keeps moving.
4. And I don't even include this as part of the scenario, skip Balduvian. Again, only with his consent but no one want this option. It would have to be his decision.

#1 Won't happen, I'm sorry but after looking into the additional cost I am not willing to fork out that kind of money.

#2 They can give an expected delivery date at the post office, so if it's after the 17th it's really not a matter of risk...

#3 I like the meet up idea but the problem there, again, is that he will not be in the country to meet up.

#4 I think there are other options...

What if I were to write him a PM of exactly what is in the box. He could write back with selections. I could bubble envelope his to him and the package to the next in line. He could then send his contribution a stop or two along or even to The final destination.

This is all IF the post says it will take longer. I will also suggest adding a one day buffer considering that there is already a one day delay here in my area likely due to Xmas.

I don't mean any offense but it's not really up to you.  We need Balduvian to chime in.

If he wants to pay the extra postage for a guaranteed date, that's up to him.
If he wants to risk it, I can eliminate the risk by having it sent to me. If it gets here on time, he can come get it. If it doesn't the train has to move on.
If he wants to have it skip him, that's up to him.

I'm just offering all possible suggestions I can think of.

It's a fantastic offer to write him and pull what he wants.

And yes.... if. And the one day buffer is a good idea too. I'd hate to see this thing get stuck for a month.

The price I was quoted for a 1lb package (assumed) to BC priority was $52. Maybe I did it wrong or something. No offense taken, I just wanted to be clear that for me that was not an option. I am also not fronting that kind of cash and I don't do paypal or online banking.

The meeting up with you would not be a 'risk it' situation if the est date of arrival is after he leaves for his trip...

Good on the buffer. Seeds would either freeze or be returned to sender, both are poor options.

Also, tomorrow I have business to attend to so in all likelihood I will have to post it back out Thurs afternoon (24hrs). That leaves 3 business days but would need a 2 day estimate with a one day buffer. My guess is an estimate of 5-8 business days, 4 if we were lucky. So I think we need a good plan.

I think my offer of splitting off what he would like is a good plan if he is down with that. Then he could bubble envelope his seed donation to Shandley or even Marclocas... I can also delay sending B's selections to coincide with his return so they don't freeze sitting in the mail.

An option could be and keep in mind all this needs to be cleared with Balduvian first, is if you send the package to Shandley next, before Balduvian leaves for vacation he sends or drops his contribution off to Shandley to add to the train and Aaron sends him the list and Shandley can pull out whatever seeds Balduvian wants and send/give to him when he returns.  Shandley is closest to him so any postage involved would be minimized for all.

But Balduvian needs to be involved with the decision.

I just PM Balduvian so he can come and work this thing out.

Aaronriot, shipping from qc to on, did cost me tx incl. around 9$. I would never pay 52$ to send this thing either. I love you guys but for 52$?....

Shipping should cost from 9-17$ (max guess). Otherwise I agree that it's very expensive. Can past members tell us their shipping price please?

Regular shipping W tracking will only be $15ish. $52 was the quote I got for two business days guarantee ie ships Thurs PM arrives Mon. And yeah I agree.

Also tracking says it is out for delivery but it has been sent back to the sorting facility. My subdivision has a community mailbox and I'm guessing somebody else got their package in the big box which means mine got laid over.. I called CP and thats what customer service said after a long maze of menus.

i think the best bet would be one of these two options both i will need a PM of the seed list to pick. My vacation is dec 18 - 28

#1 aaron sends package to Shandley and sends me the seeds I choose if I do take any (lol) and then i mail the seeds im adding to Shandley and they can add them to the box when it arrives and ship it onto the next person

#2 Aaron just sends the box to Shandley and I send my seeds to Shandley  im adding then i tell Shandley what im taking if anything and come by when i can to pick up my seeds when i return.

option #1 is my best option because i work 12 hour days 6 days a week so its hard for me to be able to drive out to his house id have to find the time and it could take a few weeks to get out there and im going to start my plants beg of jan, but whatever you guys would like to do works also

I'm open to either and happy to make things work however we can. Hopefully there is plenty of good stuff in there that you'll be interested in.

Edit: Ok let's do option #1. B I will make a full list as I go through and PM it to you, we'll go from there. Shandley shoot me a PM with your addy, I will send it off to you as soon as I remove any selections either Balduvian or I have.

You guys rock! :onfire:

Aaronriot, if you do make a seeds list, would you care to put it in the thread please? This would make a good reference.
And thank You. This is gonna be an exausting list to make!

Got the package and made the list with a general guess as to how many are in each bag, I will post it here after B has made his selections.

I was thinking I would remove user names since it's up on the public forum. Would hate to have people's in-boxes get filled with random requests.

EDIT:

“Ziplock #1”
Red rocoto – 4
OH – many
Yellow hab – 15
Orange Manzano – 20
Hottie hab – 10
Red S.B – 20
Red chile – 10
Hot Portugal – 25
Turkish cayenne – 20
Cherry bomb – 5
Habanero hot – 15
Treasures red – 20
Mini bell – 50
B.j. – 10
Cubanelle – 10
Golden hab – 35
Jalapeno – 60
Guajillo – 6
Chile de arbol – 15
Damini – 10
Numex twilight – 15
Japone – 8
Yellow hot wax – 10
Naga Jolokia pc-1 – 15
Banana – 20
“Ziplock # 2 “
Ancho san luis – 3
Store jalapeno – 30
Mini orange hab – 20
Hot cherry – 20
Hot Portugal – 30
Paprika – 15
Hungarian wax – 4
Serrano – 40
Padrone – 50
Polumbo – 10
Padaung thai – 60
Peruvian orange – 8
Garboa – 30
Corbaci – 30
Puya – 8
Orange thai – 10
Zambia – 10
Saortaka Asian – 8
Lg light orange hab – 15
Golden treasure – 12
“Ziplock #3”
Country girl – 20
Cherry – 25
Red inferno – 10
Volcano – 15
Cyklon – 3
Red carib X (w tail) – 30
Hot paprika – 12
Savina Habs – 30
Zimbabwe Bird – 8
Japone – 20
Cherry Bomb – 15
Roustini – 10
Mini sweets – 20
Prairi fire – 25
Hungarian wax – 50
Jalapeno – 50
Red Tobago seasoning – 10
Chimayo – 30
Caribbean red hab – 10
Serano – 20
Bombero – 4
Misc Pubescens
Orange – 7
Yellow – 20
-----------------------------
Naga morich – 25
7 pot – 75
Golden hab – 20
Peter pepper – 50
Fatalii – 50
Aji lemon – 80
Black hab “r” – 30
Bishop crown – 50
Fatalii orange – 20
Black hab – 25
Purple cayenne – 50
Yellow brain strain – 75
Red Trinidad scorpion – 100
Tsmb – 35
7 pot Jonah – 10
Chocolate bhut – 100
Chocolate Tr Scorpion – 100
Dorset Naga – 50
7 pot white – 40
Caribbean red hab – 120
Red brain strain – 100
Orange bhut – 60
7 pot red – 60
Yellow bhut – 50
Yellow moruga scorp – 75
7 pot primo – 25
Peach bhut – 35
Orange hab – 20
African bird – 20
Indian pc-1 – 10
Tepin wild – 10
Pasilla poblano – 10
Red bhut – 15
Chinese 5-color – 20
Red thai – 30
Pepperone trottolino amoroso – 50
Orange bell – 50
Mystery – 200
Chinese 5 color – 150
Banana pepper – 100
Red scotch bonnet – 20
Large scotch bonnet – 25
Golden hab – 15
Numex twilight – 150
Caribbean red hab – 100
Super chili – 100
Jamaican (scotch) – 35
Caribbean red hab – 20
Mystery – 30
Orange habs – 30
Caribbean red habs – 20
Red scotch bonnet – 30
Red thai – 20
Orange SB x red hab – 15
Serrano – 25
Banana pepper – 30
Hot Portugal – 10
Not prik kee noo – 30
Orange thai – 25
Fatalii red – 10
Superhot mix – 150
7 pot large – 30
Numex twilight – 25
Golden hab – 10
Cherry bomb – 50
Superhot mix – 35
Numex big jim – 35
Jalapeno – 15
Anaheim – 30
Black Cuban – 50
Poya – 20
Choc hab cross – 8
Zoltans hot paprika – 12
Crimson hot – 24
Aribibi gusano – 12
Indonesian cayenne – 12
Big vinho iracema – 12
Giuajillo – 20
Inferno – 20
Aji joe’s surprise hot mix – 24
Black prince – 7
Most prolific(chacoense) – 10
Butch T (isolated) – 100
Yellow cayenne – 30
Jam. Yellow Mushroom – 25
Mystery annum – 50
Beaver dam – 25
Serrano – 25
Jalapeno – 25
Cherry Red – 100
John-d-farmer
Golden nugget – 15
Bulgarian carrot – 10
Mexican long – 20
Jalapeno TAM – 30
Sapporo – 20
7 pot – 30
Poinsettia – 5
Ancho – 15
Poblano – 30
Numex twilight – 50
Red hawk – 20
Red bhut – 100
Bih Jolokia – 20
Nagabon – 50
Billy goat – 40
Uba tuba – 50
Yellow jelly bean – 20
Green serrano – 25
Anaheim – 30
Orange habs – 15
Chao tian jiao – 60
Thai chili – 60
Thai dragon – 25
Numex twilight – 25
Guajillo – 5
Naga Jolokia – 30
Orange hab – 50
Petite marsaille – 40
Ji-num pepper – 40
Esplette French pepper – 40
Turkish cayenne – 50
Green serrano – 50
japone hot – 25
goat weed – 20
hot Portugal – 60
aji Colorado – 10
explosive ignite – 25
pepperoni – 15
tien tsin – 35
orange hab – 45
tri-fetti pepper – 30
mini orange hab – 30
red mushroom – 25
mystery mix – 45
hot Portugal – 30
cayenne – 30
cayenne – 60
thai – 140
goats weed – 30
fresno – 50
explosive ember – 3
santa fe grand – 12
mixed hot – 100
Trin butch T – 40
Chocolate butch t scorpion – 350
Chocolate habs – 250
7 pot red – 200
Red naga Jolokia – 150
Golden cayenne – 15
Yellow bhut – 12
Trin scorpion – 25
Bishop’s crown – 6
Red bhut – 15
7 pot red – 30
Datil – 12
Ring of fire – 50
Hot thai – 100
Chocolate bhut – 25
Red chile (annum) – 50
Peach bhut – 10
Caribbean red hab – 50
Yellow scotch bonnet – 60
Cayenne – 60
Orange habs – 60
Cherry bomb – 75
CGN21500 – 10
Bonda ma Jacques (Chinense) – 5

And it's off again: 0103244000469269

B yours is on its way as well.

Used 4 of 8 to send the extra distance.

Thanks for including me in this everyone, next year I'm hoping to add around 30 new chinense varieties if I have a decent season.

A thought, there are some round one strains that are in abundance in 2012 and 2013 bags. Like red Caribbean habs for example. Might be a good plan to weed some of the older common strains out in lieu of fresher material. Like who would want orange habs from 2009 opposed to 2013. Marc if you're interested in a cleanup the copy of the list I have is organized under the big bag titles like AaronRiot 2013 followed by the account of seed which would make feathering out some old doubles pretty easy. Let me know.

Aaron,  What?!  Not in alphabetical order?!  Just kidding!  Amazing job, Aaron!  I certainly do appreciate that it took you a lot of effort to do.  Thank you!

Ambiotic said:
Aaron,  What?!  Not in alphabetical order?!  Just kidding!  Amazing job, Aaron!  I certainly do appreciate that it took you a lot of effort to do.  Thank you!

Hahaha -- I'm not that OCD... but close. Funny you mention it, I was thinking to myself at about halfway through: Damn, if I had used Excel I could have alphabetized it too.

And I was happy to do it, I type pretty fast so it really wasn't very time-consuming at all.

Back