• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

sweets Candied Peppers!!!

So I had a culinary experiment today... Candied habaneros - the quick way

I'd looked through recipes, and most of them called for candying habs over a week, now that looked awful long, and making several lots of mess.

Being the lazy person i am, i decided that i would attempt to cut this recipe down to a couple of hours, and under 9 steps.

Step 1 - Glove up!!! I use surgical gloves, there are none better!

Step 2 - Chop habs in half and deseed

I had 100g of habs bought from the local supermarket, as i have none atm (DAMN!!)

Step 3 - Measure out sugar. For the 100g of peppers, I had 2 cups of sugar

Step 4 - Measure equal quantity of water and simmer for 30 mins

Step 5 - Add habs, and GENTLY boil for 2 hours

Step 6 - After 2 hours, check chilies have gone see-through

Step 7 - Remove habs, and put on drying towel

Step 8 - Dust with sugar, place in oven for 40mins @ 100C with door open to dry. Bottle the hab syrup! mmmmmm hab pancakes!!!

Step 9 - Enjoy!!!!!!!

EDIT: I had more pics, but needed to cut them down!

de-seed,,, DE-SEED!?!?!?!?! what the ....???

nice simple recipe, looks great. why not add the 'de-seeded' (I call it de-placentaing) bits in with the syrup and blend it together for super hot concentrated syrup??? yeah baby!!!!!!!

btw - those habs look suspiciously like they're from Coles... I know because that's where I get mine from when I don't have any of my own.

lol totally from coles!

We cant all have an early harvest like brents.

Oh and i took the seeds out so the gf would use the syrup and make me food with it!!! If it was too hot, she would lose interest and i would have to make my own sweets.

... I hope she dosent read this...

Back