Candy for Andy

Sawyer

Extreme Member
Continuing the benefit effort for forum member 96Strat (Andy) here. For information on Andy's situation, see SalsaLady's auction threads, auction 1, auction 2, auction 3, auction 4 and Andy's original post here.

This ad offers for sale five (5) one pound (1#) lots of Lava Bar Hot Pepper Candy. Each lot comprises four 4 oz. individually packaged bars. This batch is maple flavor and medium heat. Here's a pic of one 4 oz. bar:
69dqag.jpg

This is what a packaged pound looks like, front and back:
alstug.jpg

v5ilw0.jpg

Purchase price is $35/pound,  USPS SFRB shipping included.  This is a premium price (for a premium product!), but 100% of the purchase price goes to help Andy.  (I'll post a screenshot of the transaction to confirm the transfer.)  Ships only to the 50 United States.

This offer goes to the first five members to call "dibs" in reply to this thread and make payment within a day via PayPal.  PayPal account info will be provided via personal message.  Other payment options will be considered on a case by case basis.

If you miss out on the five units available here, Lava Bar hot pepper candy is also available on eBay, Etsy, and Bonanza.  These are fixed price listings not restricted to THP members.  While supplies last (another five or six pounds), make a purchase on one of these marketplaces, notify me via marketplace or THP messaging of your THP username, and I'll forward $20/pound to Andy.

Sawyer said:
Continuing the benefit effort for forum member 96Strat (Andy) here. For information on Andy's situation, see SalsaLady's auction threads, auction 1, auction 2, auction 3, auction 4 and Andy's original post here.

This ad offers for sale five (5) one pound (1#) lots of Lava Bar Hot Pepper Candy. Each lot comprises four 4 oz. individually packaged bars. This batch is maple flavor and medium heat. Here's a pic of one 4 oz. bar:
69dqag.jpg

This is what a packaged pound looks like, front and back:
alstug.jpg

v5ilw0.jpg

Purchase price is $35/pound,  USPS SFRB shipping included.  This is a premium price (for a premium product!), but 100% of the purchase price goes to help Andy.  (I'll post a screenshot of the transaction to confirm the transfer.)  Ships only to the 50 United States.

This offer goes to the first five members to call "dibs" in reply to this thread and make payment within a day via PayPal.  PayPal account info will be provided via personal message.  Other payment options will be considered on a case by case basis.

If you miss out on the five units available here, Lava Bar hot pepper candy is also available on eBay, Etsy, and Bonanza.  These are fixed price listings not restricted to THP members.  While supplies last (another five or six pounds), make a purchase on one of these marketplaces, notify me via marketplace or THP messaging of your THP username, and I'll forward $20/pound to Andy.
Good on ya my friend !  will spread the word ,    

luvmesump3pp3rz said:
John/Sawyer i got my box today and because the weather is pretty hot i tossed it in the fridge. i`m not big on candy but wanted to donate to andy so bought this. i just tried it and it`s very good.  as soon as i started opening the wax paper wrapper the natural maple smell filled my nose. heat level is nice, it is  a really nice product. thank you!!!
Thanks, Kevin, glad you like it.

Early on in the product development process I had issues with the candy becoming somewhat dry and crumbly after a package was opened. I've solved that problem in spades; now it's a matter of tweaking just how soft it should be. This batch is maybe a little softer than my target, but as you've discovered, refrigeration will firm it right up.

Other than eating it as is, this candy can be enjoyed in a number of ways. One of my favorites is to melt some in a microwave with an equal amount of butter and drizzle it over popcorn. I imagine done right, one could make a tasty, spicy popcorn ball with it.

Melted in a microwave, I've used it as a sweetener in hot coffee and hot chocolate. I'm told it's good drizzled over fresh cut apple slices.

Alone or with butter, I like it on corn on the cob. One THPer has substituted small pieces for chocolate in chip cookies with good results.

I haven't tried these ideas, but I think it would be good cut into small cubes for a chocolate fondue, or as an ingredient in s'mores.

Just to remind others reading this, 100% of the $35 purchase price of the first five pounds goes to Andy. One pound remains under these terms.

If there is interest, I'll extend the offer for another five pounds, but possibly at a different price and with the caveat that I'll retain enough of the purchase price to cover the cost of the SFRB shipping. I'll deal with this if/when the present offer is completed.

Back