Canned Salsa - First Shot

AlabamaJack said:
OK...I was bored today and decided to try and can 8 pints of tomato based salsa...I really like making this stuff...it is good and good for ya...

Ingredients:

090408c003.jpg

And the finished product....

090408c001.jpg

On a Dark Wet and cold Evening in blighty that looks so damn good,Hot and refreshing..Unlike our bloody weather :rolleyes:

Looks very tasty, and I like the label idea even for personal use/gifting.

I usually stick a Mr. Yuk sticker on the lid of stuff I've made.

Mr.YUK2.jpg

My family all know that that means it's one of my hot salsas, and they stay away since they don't like the heat.

Skydiver said:

My family all know that that means it's one of my hot salsas, and they stay away since they don't like the heat.

Haha..that's awesome. :hell:

Skydiver said:
Looks very tasty, and I like the label idea even for personal use/gifting.

Mr.YUK2.jpg

I've been on here tonight for two hours and you get my biggest chuckle of the night award. That is funny. I would love to get a hold of a bunch of those stickers for my friends that I am giving salsa and sauce to. Heh heh still laughing.

Skydiver said:

Or is it because you didn't use a pH tester? :P

Hey the salsa looks great.Spent sunday doing the very same.Question,,,,what kind of tomato have you found best?This was my real 1st attempt and would appreciate any tips.

I just used little vine tomatos from Central Market...they let me taste a couple and I liked the vine tomatos...thats all they were labelled as...they seemed to be pretty sweet but had a pretty good amount of acidic taste too...

Back