• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

Can't access PBM

Status
Not open for further replies.
I went to check peppersbymail to see if fresh pods were available and I can't get the site up on IE or Firefox. Anyone know what's going on?

It is back up.  I am sorry it was down. Tech support said the site was down because we were hit with a denial of service attack.  Evidently, someone doesn't like peppers.  I kind of suspect it was someone who doesnt like us selling peppers or seeds.  Probably peppers due to the timing.  But that is a gentle reminder of why I like The Hot Pepper so much more than anything Facebook or other sites have to offer.

Producers here all get along.  We all seem to innately know the Internet is a huge place and there is room for all of us.  I think it has to be the moderators and HotPepper himself keeping the place so friendly because this sort of comradery just doest grow on trees. 

Anyway things are going well.  Lots of wet delaying ripening and keeping me from keeping up with the weeds.  Getting use to my new feet, got special boots so I dont fall as much.  Have a surgery coming up to fix / remove some sort of pin that is in the left foot.  But I am fairly sure that will be one of those overnight things where you just gotta stay till they are sure the anestesia wore off.  So hoping to be rolling in a week or so.  Fingers crossed Mother Nature agrees with me.

Not sure why all these people are complaing it's Peppers By Mail not Email! :D

Ghaleon said:
Is there a way to track who pulled that shit?

I get the feeling it is so common nobody cares unless you are a multi million dollar company.  From what the tech folk told me, they get a virus / bot on the internet to spread to lots of innocent computers.  Then they tell those computers to all start requesting pages at the same time.  It overwhelms the server.  Track the IPs back to the offending computers and all you find is an innocent person who had no idea.  People even do it with open source free stuff.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Low_Orbit_Ion_Cannon

Highly doubtful it was target at AJ. He's probably on a shared hosting plan  and the server was attacked.

The Hot Pepper said:
Highly doubtful it was target at AJ. He's probably on a shared hosting plan  and the server was attacked.

Nope.  I lease a server and PBM is on its own IP.  In the background, I am writing social software of a sorts.  It is my Plan B in case I cant keep up with the farm.  Have lots of domains for that project but most rediret to goofy things just cause why not.

Example: I own http://OneGirlShow.com.  Got drunk one night while screwing with a friend online.  Set it to go to his Facebook page.  That is about the most I really do with the domains and server for now.  Hoping maybe some of my smarts will come back and I can actually earn with them.  Till then, its farming and forging to pay the mortgage.

You are the prankster man haha!

I still would not put too much thought into it. It may have been random.

I haven't seen AJ post in a while and the site still says out of season until July. I hope his recovery is going well. Anyone heard anything?

Ghaleon said:
I haven't seen AJ post in a while and the site still says out of season until July. I hope his recovery is going well. Anyone heard anything?
from his web site post on July 25

From my kitchen window, I can see red and white pods ready to pick, pack, and ship.  Not a great many, but I haven’t been out there since they wheeled me off to the hospital last week.  Since then, even more rain which seems to retard ripening.  But who knows what I will find when I get back out there.

http://www.peppersbymail.com/hospital-surgery-delay/

Well the mention of a hole in his foot and bone removed and all that, just worried about it maybe getting infected.

The website is up, thread closed to avoid misconceptions. 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back