Can't update an ongoing topic

This is what appears above my reply box.

This post will need approval from a moderator before this post is shown.

Something similar was happening to me and I discovered I'd inadvertently selected a "code" option in the formatting options. As soon as I unselected it, all was well.

DWB said:
I'm trying to post an update to one of my old and ongoing topics.

http://thehotpepper.com/topic/63729-capsaicin-vs-pain-neurotransmitters-calling-all-chile-alchemists/

It is properly auto-saving my content but when I push a post or preview button, it kicks straight out to the main forum index.

What's up with this? The last post to the topic was made October 28. I don't see any indication the topic is locked.

Thanks,
DW
I am having the same problem, and it's starting to tick me off.
It's an intermittent thing, which is the drizzlin' poops. I will be rollin'
along just fine, then all of a sudden, it starts doing what you are
describing. Sometimes if I open another window, I can post in it,
or if I select more reply options.

But, other times, nothing works.

I really wish someone would look into this. I contacted support
a week or two ago and haven't heard squat. I love my Extreme
membership. but it's not worth the $ if I can't post reliably.

That's odd. Sounds like a browser javascript error. You could try clearing your cookies and cache.

After I switched the editor option to "Paste as plain text by default", I was allowed to post to that particular thread. Otherwise, no matter what I did, any attempt to preview or post from the basic or advanced editor immediately kicked me out to the main forum index. Cache and cookies,  type of browser or computer used had nothing to do with it.

Thanks for the tip. That's great for anyone having this issue while we look into it.

And that setting should not affect the final post, only how it is pasted. I always paste as plain text anyway by right clicking. Thanks!

Had this problem last time I made an image update to my glog. It happened on updates as well. I trimmed the post down to just text and it went through, and I added images in one at a time; the only thing I could come up with is that I was hitting a 3- or 4-image limit (linked from my website, not uploaded as attachments). Not sure if that was actually the issue, but it seemed that way to me.

For others having this problem: If you think wonky formatting might be a problem, the upper left gray switch-looking button in the editor ('BBCode Mode') will show you a plain-text version of your post, which should make it clear if something you pasted in caused the editor to wig out.

Also, I'm not sure how widely adopted it is, but on the computers I use, ctrl+shift+v pastes as plain text.

Yes, if you are pasting anything sometimes it can attach code that will prevent you from posting successfully. You can try pasting as plain text (right click, or in your setting for default) and you can try what IF posted above, toggle the code mode. Take a look at the code. Remove anything erroneous and post.

Also on a side note I have seen people using proxies have this issue. Depends on how the proxy is masking the IP, it may not let you interact with the site due to conflicts. 

As an alternate you can try this:

Don't reply from the bottom of your topic, scroll to the topic and click "Reply to this topic". It loads a little differently and may solve your issue. 

Until just now I wasn't having any posting issues beyond an occasional unclicked on strike or

1. list mode
or a superscript...

But I tried to quote a CaneDog post regarding this very issue and found myself on the homepage, not 20 minutes ago!

Having the same problem all day today. Spent a ridiculous amount of time typing out a huge long post, loaded with pics, only to be sent to the THP home page and have my post disappear after clicking "Preview Post" (to check for typos, make sure pics are in correct order, etc.). Typed everything out again (repeated entire process) and clicked "Submit Post." Same thing; sent directly to home page and my post disappeared. Tried about 10 more times before I gave up. ONE time, the "Preview Post" option let me advance to the next screen, but only the pictures showed up; no text. I thought, "Ok, whatever. I'll just post the pics, then go back and edit the text in after it posts." Hit submit button and got sent to Home page.

Instead, I tried breaking the big post up into a few smaller ones, in case it was a 'size' issue. First "small" post had a paragraph of text and was supposed to have 2 pics. Tried it twice. "Preview" and "Submit" buttons both sent me directly to Home page again.

Found this thread and tried all advice listed in here; cleared cache and cookies, tried replying from "top" of thread ("Reply to this thread" button) AND at the bottom ("Reply" and "More Reply Options"). No dice; same issue.

Using iPhone. Tried in Safari AND separate iPhone Google app
Any other suggestions?

Thanks in advance :cheers:

(It seems this post can be "previewed" before submitting with no issues. Maybe because there's no pics?)

Is there any way a moderator or Admin can have the post I submitted in this thread yesterday available for the "public" to see? Maybe someone here has found a way around the issue I'm having?

Also, I started thinking that maybe it was just my phone, so I texted all the pics and text to my kid's phone, logged in on his phone, crafted the entire post again, and I'm still having the same issue. "Post Reply" and "Preview Post" buttons both send me directly to the Home page

Thanks again

Back