• Please post pictures and as much information as possible.

plant CAP 212 Identification Needed

So i got seeds a few years ago and been growing out CAP 212 C. chacoense for a while now but some other seeds must of got into the mix. and i have been growing them out as well. It is some kind of wild baccatum but i never seen anything like it. Any help would be great. Heres some photos, Thanks in advance...
CAP 212 #1 Baccatum Pepper 1000x562.jpg
CAP 212 #1 Baccatum Pepper 1000x5620.jpg
CAP 212 #1 Baccatum Pepper 1000x5621.jpg
CAP 212 #1 Baccatum Pepper 1000x5622.jpg
CAP 212 #1 Baccatum Pepper 1000x5623.jpg

Wow nice! that I have not seen, raying in a Chile of that size. You see that kind of raying (Rayado in Spanish) on jalapenos out of Hidalgo, Mexico. But the raying on the jalapenos are vertical not horizontal like yours. Pretty sure they are called the "Farmers Market Chile" here.

Pretty sure the others will be along shortly to figure it out.

Cheers!

Last edited:
This looks like a wild baccatum that the late, great Beth Boyd of Peppermania used to sell.

The name was something like "guimpado do video". I haven't been able to find her old catalogue. If someone has it then the correct name is on it.

I distinctly remember getting seeds from Beth - she included them free of charge (along with her usual baggie of lucky packet seeds) because she reckoned it would do well for me. It was definitely a baccatum and identical to the pics in the first post.
I also recall Jukka writing an article about discovering it in the wild on either a family farm or a friend's family farm in Brazil. The pictures showed the same twiggy mounding bush.

The photo of the plant with white flowers and striated berries is not a pure C.chacoence. That species has yellow anthers and 10 appendages on the calyces. There appears to be C.annuum var. glabriusculum genes in the mix there.

The one with the spotted flower could be a hybrid.The fruits seem to be awfully large for baccatum var. baccatum. I do see alongado mentioned in here. That is a definite hybrid and there have been specimens with white flowers popping up in the last few years.

This looks like a wild baccatum that the late, great Beth Boyd of Peppermania used to sell.

The name was something like "guimpado do video". I haven't been able to find her old catalogue. If someone has it then the correct name
You mean this list from 2013?

The photo of the plant with white flowers and striated berries is not a pure C.chacoence. That species has yellow anthers and 10 appendages on the calyces. There appears to be C.annuum var. glabriusculum genes in the mix there.

The one with the spotted flower could be a hybrid.The fruits seem to be awfully large for baccatum var. baccatum. I do see alongado mentioned in here. That is a definite hybrid and there have been specimens with white flowers popping up in the last few years.
Yellow anthers is just pollen. first image was morning second image was afternoon and as you can see they start to turn gray or blue or something. Seeds were acquired directly from south america

I think you may have misread @Pr0digal_son comment regarding your C.chacoense photos. That species usually has yellow/cream anthers but this photo appears to show a blue/purple anther flower on the left. Hence the mention of a possible mix with C.annuum var. glabriusculum.
I understood. Anthers produce pollen. some pollen is white some yellow/cream some blue or gray. This is what gives the anthers there color. i save pollen and refrigerate it for months for later use. The flowers in the images you are referencing to are sterile, hence lack of pollen and color. This is very common in C.chacoense in its true form.

I understood. Anthers produce pollen. some pollen is white some yellow/cream some blue or gray. This is what gives the anthers there color. i save pollen and refrigerate it for months for later use. The flowers in the images you are referencing to are sterile, hence lack of pollen and color. This is very common in C.chacoense in its true form.

Not sure I agree with those statements regarding pollen and anther colours but anyhow that doesn’t help with finding an identification. Hopefully someone else may be able to help.

Reactions: Bou

Unfortunately I just put two and two together and realize who you are or I would not have tried to help. You are the guy who defended the Brazilian Syndicate then tried to sell off the seeds you got robbed on to unsuspecting members of the pepper community.

You have C.chacoense identified perfectly. No need to open topics asking for help here when you have all the answers already. You also have this species from your seed site identified properly also. It wasn't renamed to C.schottianum in the new Capsicum compendium. It was a misprint....you should inform the authors!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231104-222452~2.png
    Screenshot_20231104-222452~2.png
    294.3 KB · Views: 62
  • Screenshot_20231104-222520~2.png
    Screenshot_20231104-222520~2.png
    238.3 KB · Views: 60
Unfortunately I just put two and two together and realize who you are or I would not have tried to help. You are the guy who defended the Brazilian Syndicate then tried to sell off the seeds you got robbed on to unsuspecting members of the pepper community.

You have C.chacoense identified perfectly. No need to open topics asking for help here when you have all the answers already. You also have this species from your seed site identified properly also. It wasn't renamed to C.schottianum in the new Capsicum compendium. It was a misprint....you should inform the authors!
"Unfortunately I just put two and two together and realize who you are or I would not have tried to help. You are the guy who defended the Brazilian Syndicate then tried to sell off the seeds you got robbed on to unsuspecting members of the pepper community."

Thats all lies! I never got robbed? I have most of all those species growing right now! lol they will be for sale in a few months

"You have C.chacoense identified perfectly. No need to open topics asking for help here when you have all the answers already. You also have this species from your seed site identified properly also. It wasn't renamed to C.schottianum in the new Capsicum compendium. It was a misprint....you should inform the authors!"

I wasnt asking to identify the species? i was asking if anyone knew the plant or variety. Thanks anyway

"Unfortunately I just put two and two together and realize who you are or I would not have tried to help. You are the guy who defended the Brazilian Syndicate then tried to sell off the seeds you got robbed on to unsuspecting members of the pepper community."

Thats all lies! I never got robbed? I have most of all those species growing right now! lol they will be for sale in a few months

"You have C.chacoense identified perfectly. No need to open topics asking for help here when you have all the answers already. You also have this species from your seed site identified properly also. It wasn't renamed to C.schottianum in the new Capsicum compendium. It was a misprint....you should inform the authors!"

I wasnt asking to identify the species? i was asking if anyone knew the plant or variety. Thanks anyway

Well... since you did businnes with and got seeds from Clayton, Jumaly and co (aka the Brazilian Syndicate or Brazilian Eagles) I think @Pr0digal_son has a very good point here... You went live on one of your YouTube channel last summer and waited for your friend Clayton to show up to ask him questions about all the smelly bullshit sticking to his name (and obviously he never showed up!) don't you remember??! If you really care about this community you should stay as far as possible from the names listed above🤡

Back