• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

CAPCOMS "15/16" refined GLOG

Finally, I will be putting together a grow based mainly on my preferences to taste and heat and not a blind ambitions of a newbie grower. Sometime today I will be sowing the upcoming seasons hot pepper seeds. I will be creating my grow list on the fly. I dont know if I can keep it under 100 varieties but that's the goal. 350+ last year was a 1st and a last of that magnitude for me, or at least til I get my plantation.
A couple of varieties still elude me as they have not yet appeared on the seed train, Chocolate Reaper and chocolate Lava. I will be growing lots of chocolates this year and have my eyes open for these 2.
List to follow.

But first, The festivities.
Merry Christmas!

GALAPAGOENSE
BHUT CHOCOLATE SMOOTH
MORUGA CARMAL
SCORPION CHOCOLATE*     
WARTYRX VARIANT    
MUTT    
NAGLAH RED
RING OF FIRE    
BHUT MUSTARD    
PRIMO RED    
7 POT BRAIN RED    
RAINFOREST    
BRAINSTRAIN CHOCOLATE    
SEPIA SERPEANT
CHOCOLATE DEVILS TONGUE    
BORG 9 RED SHORT    
PRIMO YELLOW    
7 POT PRIMO    
NAGA VIPER    
BBM    
WILD TEPIN
CUMARI DO PARA
BORG 9 RED LONG    
SCORPION KRAKEN    
7 POT CARMAL    
YAKI BROWN    
BENGAL NAGA PEACH
SATANS KISS
MADD BALLZ    
SCOTCH BONNET CHOCOLATE
BBG LONG PHENOL    
7 POT SR STRAIN    
NAGA CAPPUCCINO    
AJI FANTASY    
CAP 1477
MADD BALLZ CARMAL    
SCOTCH BONNET PINK    
BBG7 RED    
7 POT LAVA    
DATIL    
DEVILS BRAIN    
CP337
MADD BALLZ RED    
SCOTCH BONNET YELLOW MOA    
BBG7 CHOCOLATE    
7 POT BURGUNDY    
BRAZILIAN GHOST RED    
DEVILS HEART    
MYSTERY RED CP
MADD BALLZ 7    
SCOTCH BONNET RED MOA    
BBG7 CHOCOLATE LONG    
7 POT CHOCOLATE    
BRAZILIAN GHOST BROWN    
BULLS HEART    
CLONER SEED
BHUT RED LONG    
SCOTCH BONNET MYSTERY JAMAICA    
SCORPION TRIN ORANGE    
7 POT WHITE    
TRINIDAD PERFUME    
BLACK SCORPION TONGUE    
CHOCOLATE LAVA*
BHUT ORANGE    
SCOTCH BONNET MOA    
SCORPION ICESCREAM    
BRIAN STRAIN CHOCOLATE    
BHUTLAH CHOCOLATE    
UBSC    
CPR*
BHUT CARBON    
SCOTCH BONNET CAPPUCCINO    
SCORPION TRIN RED    
SUGAR RUSH PEACH    
REAPER X BRAINSTRAIN    
BOC    
BHUT CARMAL    
SCOTCH BONNET MOA    
SCORPION CARDI RED    
DAISY CUTTER    
NAGA CHOCOLATE BRAINSTRAIN    
MADAME JEANETTE    
BHUT CHOCOLATE LONG    
SCOTCH BONNET ORANGE    
TRIN CHOCOLATE BEAN    
CAROLINA REAPER    
PGS X PRIMO 7    
MADAME JEANETTE X GORONONG    
BHUT BROWN ISO    
SCOTCH BONNET MOA    
SCORPION  TRIN BT X DOUGLAH BROWN    
PIMENT D' ESPELTT'E    
BIH CARMAL    
ORCHID RUBY    
DOUGLAH SWIRL HEAT
subject to change

Genetikx said:
Hard to tell how tall that madballs is but appears short with some serious forking. If that's what I'm seeing, that's exactly what mine did last year. Whoosh those suckers got a little kick to them.

Everything is looking great Cap
Well, since you brought it up. I just went out to measure it and it is a solid 24" tall. I have been pruning heavily at the main stalk and took the picture you commented on of the canopy only as that's where most of the action is occurring.

Lovepeppers said:
Wow Jeff!
Looking really good. I see you will have your hands full again this year.
Nice genetics you have there!
Thx, I believe I used seed from last years pods. And they were awesome.

I think I am going to change things up in a big way for next year. Thinking of having a local plant sale to unload my container inventory and generate a little $$$ at the same time and then pick up 20 10 gal containers and 10 15 gal containers or vice versa for my "17" grow. I may also be sourcing out some of my seed stock if my current grows produce results in sub-premium produce.

At current some of my pods have started to turn.
My habanero red/chocolate long producing hand full of pods after over a years work to continue the line of one of the strangest peppers I have ever grown.
I got some seeds from the train again this year that are questionable as to their true identity. 

I may have a serrano x jalapa cross. pics to come. I have taken a few immature pods to taste test and am very hopeful the with maturity the pods will also improve immensely in flavor and heat that they already have.

A few pods that appear to have some good genetics. Center from left to to right.
Carolina reaper, chocolate brainstrain from Cajohns and Judy, caramel moruga and daisy cutter surrounded by brown morugas.
20160809_183200.jpg

tctenten said:
Nice looking pods. Those brown morugas have a resl nice color to them.
Thx Terry.
They are not quite as dark as the pods I got a couple years back but they are from the seed of the dark pods. I may back cross this years plant with my almost 2 year old and see what shakes.
I have been trying a lot of pods lately and nothing compares yet to the taste of the brown morugas. And they can pack a really nice heat as well.

Jase4224 said:
I noticed you had Cumari do para, what do you think of these? I have seeds as I was convinced by Nigal's review
I totally agree with Nigel. These little peppers are unique in that they have such an immense chinense flavor up front and a very tolerable heat. They are always in my grow and I fully enjoy them. I should note that the chinense flavor in many pods is a turn off for me, and to say that I like something like cumari do para may seem somewhat contradictive. Its not, they are just different. and I recommend them to everyone.
And since you are in Australia, start them now, you'll be glad you did.

Back