• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

capsaicin Capsaicin Health

JSKaiser

Banned
Hey guys, does anybody here know of a company or manufacturer that makes Capsaicin in a tablet or capsule form? I know of the creams and powders, and I know of all the health benefits associated with Capsaicin. I was wondering if it existed. If not, would anybody be interested in researching making a daily multivitamin health tablet or capsule that incorporates Capsaicin with everything it offers for people who don't like or just can't take the heat of the pepper for it's natural source. Just a random thought.

Any health food store should have Cayenne capsules. You might talk to some of the people in the store and find out if they might be able to order what you want.

Alan

I'm not so much looking for a capsaicin pill. I was looking into creating a daily multivitamin with other ingredients and vitamins for an overall nutritional, immune booster, and health management capsule. Does that sound like a bit too much? Just a thought. I know many people could benefit with a good mix of vitamins, capsaicin, and other prohealth ingredients.

JSKaiser said:
I'm not so much looking for a capsaicin pill. I was looking into creating a daily multivitamin with other ingredients and vitamins for an overall nutritional, immune booster, and health management capsule. Does that sound like a bit too much? Just a thought. I know many people could benefit with a good mix of vitamins, capsaicin, and other prohealth ingredients.

I get all of my vitamins and minerals from a healthy diet of fresh foods and I eat Capsicum (fresh) with almost every meal. ;)

Dont get me wrong. I would never substitute a pill for my peppers. I cant go a day without searing the tongue at least once. I just have some family and friends that are really interested in the health benefits, but just cant handle the heat. I have a few diabetic and arthritic family memebers that use some of the other forms of medicinal capsaicin. Just thought it could be a good and possibly even lucrative venture to try and make one that even children, old folk, people of any age, people who dont eat peppers cause of acid reflux, or the heat in the mouth, or for whatever reason they tend to puss out of getting the capsaicin in their diet the way we all love to could take as part of a daily life and health enhancing multivitamin. Not just pepper in a pill, but overall beneficiary products all in one.

The problem is that cap is natural so companies can't trademark it and make oodles of money. I bet if you put a pill out in the marketplace it (the idea/recipe) would be stolen ASAP.

Yea. Ive talked a bit here and there with a friend of mine whos a drug rep, and a coworker of mine runs a bodybuilding supplement shop that make his own trademarked capsules and powders and suppliments. Just wondering if one was out there yet before I invest any real amount of time trying to create/find a good mixture of vitamins and all that to mix with concentrted capsaicin that would benefit people of all ages at all stages of health.

Maybe you could make hot pepper lozenges. That way you could still get the burn from the pepper along with the medicinal properties of capsaicin. You could have different heat ranges, and flavors, for the different peppers. Of course I'd expect a small royalty for the idea, but we can talk about that later.

Alan

Try the book Grow Your Own Drugs by James Wong. It or a similiar book might have what you are looking for. Try searching for home remedies.

Back