• If you can't find a "Hot" category that fits, post it here!

Capsaicin tolerance.....of the bung

Hot-hole can be a real problem but it's just a fact of life for chiliheads. For me, it rarely occurs with cooked peppers but fresh peppers are a different story. Even the milder peppers like orange habaneros can give me a case of hot-hole if I eat them fresh.

I can tolerate hot-hole a lot better than I used to but that evil sting, I fear, will always visit me as long as I enjoy fresh chilies. I just accept it as part of life now. C'est la fucking vie.

This is absolutely a real phenomena and it has a biochemical basis related to the TRPV1 receptor. It's also the reason the people use capsaicin for pain management since small levels of agonists such as capsaicin can desensitize the receptor and therefore make it less likely to activate. When it's activated, the TRPV1 receptor causes an influx of cations which stimulates peripheral neurons to produce a burning sensation. Capsaicin exposure produces a calcium response through a kinase cascade that in turn activates a calcineurin phosphatase enzyme that strips key phosphate groups on TRPV1 thereby inhibiting its function. 

TRPV1 said:
through a kinase cascade that in turn activates a calcineurin phosphatase enzyme that strips key phosphate groups on TRPV1 thereby inhibiting its function. 

Had me till that part.  whatchoo talkin bout willis?

I haven't had ring sting for awhile but last weekend was a doozy.  Ate lots of reaper jerky , then did up a steak later with reaper salt.   It felt like I was  pooping lava..  :flamethrower:

I have made a Ghost Chili that seems to be a good colon cleanse product if you eat on the batch you make for a few days.  Ghost, Hab, Jalapeno, poblano, green onions, sweet onions, garlic, good beef, kidney, black, and pinto beans.  Spices/powders, tomato paste, diced tomatoes, and few other things. 

th-3.jpeg
  :onfire:
TRPV1 said:
This is absolutely a real phenomena and it has a biochemical basis related to the TRPV1 receptor. It's also the reason the people use capsaicin for pain management since small levels of agonists such as capsaicin can desensitize the receptor and therefore make it less likely to activate. When it's activated, the TRPV1 receptor causes an influx of cations which stimulates peripheral neurons to produce a burning sensation. Capsaicin exposure produces a calcium response through a kinase cascade that in turn activates a calcineurin phosphatase enzyme that strips key phosphate groups on TRPV1 thereby inhibiting its function. 

The Hot Pepper said:
kim k .... is that you ?
-------------------------
I grind all my stuff cept for fresh cayenne, banana and lesser peps. I think what was mentioned before by a few others that whole seeds/placenta is what hits you on the exit ramp as our body like other critters simply cannot digest those hot lil fireballs.

... I should note that I have a habit for calling people "butt monkeys"....now I have a pic to go with it...thanks Boss-man.

Back