• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Carolina Cayenne...weird looking cayenne

AlabamaJack

eXtreme
As most of you know, I like cayenne peppers...I have about 7 different varieties growing...straight and long, long and curly, and this Carolina Cayenne is a pretty good producer but the ends of the peppers look kinda like elephant trunks...by chance, has anyone ever eaten one of these?

061508a001.jpg

061508a002.jpg

061508a003.jpg

I was going to say it looked like a hung something else, but...........I didn't say it.......:shocked::lol::lol: Besides the odd look though. I'm growing a couple of cayenne plants myself. I love the taste of them myself. I love habs, they are my favorite and some of the other hots we know of are even better in certain ways. However, I can't ever let a cayenne go. I love them.

AlabamaJack thats a unique looking cayenne plant you have there,erm very unusual at the end..be intresting to see as they get bigger :shocked:

Tonight when I got home I was checking & watering myplants and I noticed that my Firecracker has very similar looking fruit to your pic with the exception that mine are a bit smaller. Maybe a cross between a Cayanne and a Firecracker?

Back