for-sale Carolina Reaper Seeds for Sale?

Hey guys!

I grew some peppers last summer (Scotch bonnet / ghost / habaneros / bird's eye) and it went pretty well! This summer I have about 22 plants (Peter, Bhut Jolokia, Big Jim, Scotch Bonnet, Devil's Tongue, Trinidad 7-Pot Yellow, Trinidad Scorpion Peppers) right now ready for the warm weather to come around! I would love to get some Carolina Reaper Peppers in the bunch too but I'm not sure where a good place to purchase some seeds from would be. I appreciate any suggestions!

Thanks everybody!

I would think it would be to late to grow Reapers in your area, unless you grow it inside after summer is over??? Good luck finding seeds

i would imagine buying them from one of the two places that are selling them. puckerbutt,and pepper joe

The only vendors i know of sellilng them now are pepperjoe and puckerbutt, i am sure by mid summer there will be people where with seeds. I will as I will have about 25-30 plants myself.

Also, they are short growers compared to other superhots, I had mine flower in about 8 weeks or so.

Awesome, I appreciate it. Summer hasn't gotten here yet haha I'm in Virginia. Temps are finally starting to get out of the 40s and I'll be moving my plants outside mid-April. I don't mind starting them late, as I over wintered my plants from last year and am considering setting up a lean-to rather than taking up the sunniest room downstairs. I'll look into the different pepper vendors everyone mentioned. I had read a poor review of Puckerbutts earlier and was wondering if I would receive the seeds in time to plant them. Thanks again guys! (Also, I know one person's bad experience isn't always the norm for a company but it is something to take into consideration haha I'll try to get in touch with them though!)

Personally, I would have no problem ordering from Puckerbutt/Ed.
With shipping costs, I would order more than one pack of seeds, to spread out the cost of shipping a bit.
99% of people seem to have positive responses, and for a business that is quite good.

Just my opinion :)

Puckerbutt is a great company.Ed Currie is a excellent gentleman and a extremely knowledgeable guy.He created the reaper!

So i was shown this place sealing carolina reapers....

http://www.kearleyseedsandpepperco.com/Pepper-Seeds.html

So are these seeds from pods grown from ed or joe's seeds when they went on sale or legit seeds from ed? Thought joe was the only resaler? Also note that it says their Jay's ghost scorps came from Jim Duffy.
Thought i would flag this here.

Shawna @ Kearley Seeds is a class act! She gets her seeds from quality suppliers, and while I don't know where her reaper seeds
came from (maybe Jim Duffy or Ed Currie?) I know she will not misrepresent what she sells!

Butch T

Hi y'all! Yes, we get our Reaper seeds from Ed. We have never and will never purchase or re sell any seed stock from Pepper Joe. In the essence of full disclosure our Butch T seeds come straight from Butch and our Jay's Ghost come from Jim Duffy. All other pepper seed stock we grow, isolate, and harvest from our own plants. Until this year (yay on our first home!) we have not had the room to be able to expand to accommodate every variety we wanted to sell so the next best thing is to get them directly from the source. I don't have a problem doing this as I can feel secure that they seeds are true to their strain which is why we are upfront about who/where we get our pepper seed stock from. 
I appreciate the nod Butch! Our company is smaller than some but I would rather not grow so quickly that we can not control the quality of our products (meaning we could have grown tremendously if we had chosen not to isolate our seed plants - but we did not).

Back