• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

Cashew Prunes stocked up

My stuff cam in and was not expecting the quantity, so 25lb Org Cashews and 30lb Org Prunes will last me a while (use them every day) :)

PA311980_CashewsPrunes-1000_zpsgnpbzxxv.jpg

I usually order from realrawfood.com , why, get a good deal in bulk then I vacuum pack in smaller bags. Org stuff in small amounts costs a fortune at time.
Next getting dried apples from the BC area 25lb :)

are those prices suppose to be good? raw cashew pieces for 11 USD / # sounds like a lot, and a lot more than Whole Paycheck (foods). Those are for pieces too and not whole cashews. I dunno man, I know a guy down here that use to be the distributor for whole foods and i get raw organic cashew pieces for 3.99$ usd/#. He's just really far north from me so I don't make it to him a whole lot

after calculating, they don't give any discounts on bulk it seems? it's still 9.94 usd  / # if you get bulk 25# 

the ones I got are $35/kg retail, I got 40% off (this is from local store). I normally get "Pieces" $40/5lb plus shipping (about $.90/lb) (this is before the dollar crash).
One has to be careful about distributors and were they get them from, allot of the "Oraganic" food is from China, and do not have the same taste. I normally stick with realrawfood because its tastes good the quality is high. I'd rather pay a few more bucks then get a average tasting product. I can get a cheaper one from Organic Maters  for $235.00/25lb

no, mostly veg, a couple times a year poultry. I do smoothies every morning except Sunday (pancakes) so its a mixture of nuts/seeds/fruit. I also recently added my vitamins in their too, they assimilate much better in the body. Cashews also make awesome Marzipan, love the stuff.

Thanks!
Cashews are very versatile. A lady makes cheesecake (replace cheese with cashews) Howly Crap does that tastes good.
I have the Wonder Junior Deluxe Grain Mill, works great in making nut butters, even with grains, grinding your own is a huge flavor difference :)

My only question is are you part squirrel? :)

That's a lot of nuts and prunes. Buying in bulk is def the way to go if you can. I buy a lot of my pantry stuff from the restaurant supply store. Some things are mind bogglingly cheap.

lol, I do like my nuts :D
With today's prices skyrocketing, bulk is the only way to go, and vacuum packing them keeps them, even if it takes a while to VP 55lb's lol, had 5 lb of coco nibs as well, I use them every day. Make my own chocolate too :) The 25lb of org Apple dried chips lasted me a year, use them in my smoothy every day too. Waiting for the Styrian Pumpkin Seeds to come in before I do the apple order, probably grab 10lb of that, their hard to come by now ($75/5lb current price)

Back