• We welcome content that is not political, divisive, or offensive. If we feel your content leans this way or has the potential to, it may be removed at any time. A hot pepper forum is not the place for such content. Thank you for respecting the community!

Caught my biggest silver ever today!

The pics do not do this fish justice! 37 inches long and 23 1/2 pounds!

It's as big as my leg!
IMG00660.jpg

Open up and say ahhhh!
IMG00663.jpg

The pic makes it look little, but it was a hog!
IMG00662.jpg

:cool:

Aww man! Where's the side shot? 37" should put that in the 20# class! That'll feed 10 people or 2 Alaskans.

Salute', TB.

texas blues said:
That kinda' looks like the Buskin.

It is! I didn't really get a side shot. Too busy! It was the biggest fish anyone caught the whole time we were there! W I D E too! The littl pull scale said 23 and a half pounds and we used a tape measure on it, 37 even across and 13 at the widest from spine to belly. I might get a cast mount made.

That is sensational mate...Congrats. I've never done the whole fly fishing (i presume this is what you were doing???)

I bet you couldn't get the smile off your face....:)

Fished that water before for silvers but it was late and slow. Lots of Dollie's though. Buskin is great home water I think. Dig it while you can!

Salute', TB.

DickT said:
Why is the fish bleeding ? Did you hurt it, better watch out for PETA. Nice catch

PETA is all cool and the gang with cutting the gills and bleeding the fish. What they really don't like is giving the fish a wood shampoo.

Salute', TB.

texas blues said:
PETA is all cool and the gang with cutting the gills and bleeding the fish. What they really don't like is giving the fish a wood shampoo.

Talking of PETA and shampoo they as a matter of fact can shampoo my crotch.

Back