• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

hot-sauce "Celebrity" Hot Sauces - your thoughts?

Steve Seabury and Michael Madson are a couple others that come to mind. For each of those, they actually did creat the sauces and then went to a co-packer. In Madson's case, he worked with Danny Cash. Not sure who Seabury worked with. He also has a cookbook. I know there's a couple other celebs who've developed their own sauces, not just private label, just can't think of them right now---

Ed over at BTH has a sauce he made with one of the Devon Allman of The Allman Brothers. I haven't personally tasted it, but i'm a pretty big fan of the other items old Ed sells

http://www.sauceauthority.com/sauce_review_manufactured_by/born-to-hula/

Not really HOT stuff, but good flavored. And Ed's a pretty good guy.

Hey, if a celebrity wants to partner with me on a sauce, my contact info is on here.
:D

By the way - I want to make certain that it's clear that this topic was a general, generic question, only inspired by the notice I received about this sauce, with nothing against this sauce. I've not tried it and I have never bashed anyone's sauce and do not intend to start now. If I don't care for a sauce, I just don't talk about it.

I love CaJohn's sauces, and I have nothing against the dude from G&R (though I never really loved G&R, but that's another story) - I wish them well with their new product line. I have no axe to grind here (or "cross to bear" for those Allman Bros fans out there) and as mentioned, I totally enjoy a couple of the celebrity products (The Cheech & Newman's Own come to mind).

I was just curious as to how people felt in general about celebrity endorsed hot sauce - if it matters to people if the celeb developed the recipes for the sauce themselves or just lent their name/face to the product.
:cheers:

Steve Seabury and Michael Madson are a couple others that come to mind. For each of those, they actually did creat the sauces and then went to a co-packer. In Madson's case, he worked with Danny Cash. Not sure who Seabury worked with. He also has a cookbook. I know there's a couple other celebs who've developed their own sauces, not just private label, just can't think of them right now---

Steve has High River Sauces, not a celebrity sauce. I don't believe the bottle mentions his name or has his pic, and he's not a mainstream celeb.

Ed over at BTH has a sauce he made with one of the Devon Allman of The Allman Brothers. I haven't personally tasted it, but i'm a pretty big fan of the other items old Ed sells

http://www.sauceauth...y/born-to-hula/

Not really HOT stuff, but good flavored. And Ed's a pretty good guy.

Yup!

The Hot Pepper Awards
HOT SAUCE - CHIPOTLE
1st - Born to Hula - Devon Allman's Chipotle Blues

Does anyone here know CaJohn personally to ask them about this product line?

I do, what specifically do you want to know about it? You mean like if it is one of his sauce, which one? I don't know if he will reveal that.

I was just curious as to how people felt in general about celebrity endorsed hot sauce - if it matters to people if the celeb developed the recipes for the sauce themselves or just lent their name/face to the product.
:cheers:

For me, while I do not rule celebrity sauces out, I don't seek them out either. What I have found is that usually they are a hot sauce maker or co-packer's sauce that they sell under many labels. Or, it could be a maker's sauce that doesn't sell that well, and they want to give it a new name to boost sales. I have really not had many that impressed me. A couple of Blair's Zack Wylde sauces weren't too bad I guess, but other than that, not so much.

Yeah - more just "is that sauce the result of Bumblefoot's developing a hot sauce" or is it merely them partnering up with his face & CaJohn's sauce.

It's not earth-shatteringly important either way, but I like knowing that about products.

Overall I guess I don't mind it either way - helps to bring attention to the industry, which is good for everyone. :cheers:

No rush & not that important really - the mail I got about it just made me wonder about celebrity sauces in general.

I definitely don't intend to come off negatively in any way. As mentioned, I'm a fan of CaJohn's sauces. :cheers:

And yeah - isn't he "chief product consultant" or something this year?

Not sure, this is what he was doing yesterday...

View attachment 3667

that's him of the far left.

Attachments

• 601150_326776647423587_811930934_n.jpg
    601150_326776647423587_811930934_n.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 59
Looks like Bumblefoot won some Zest Fest awards.

Back