• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

CFL's in Bathroom Vanity

Im in San Diego, so the thought of wintering my plant is somewhat a joke however, I live in an apartment and My balcony and as of this month it is no longer getting sun. I have a bathroom with a lamp in the center of the room but the vanity mirror has four bulbs. If I place my plant on the counter there is about a 2.5 / 3ft gap from plant to light.

Do you guys think four CFLs in the vanity with the reflection of the mirror and white walls/bathtub I should be able to sustain my plants life?

Just thought this might be easier and just as effective as building a floro tube box/stand

Thank you Ken

I should mention that the plant is goo size about two feet wide and one foot high. Im not to worried about fruiting although that would be a nice plus. I just want my plant to survive until the sun hits my balcony in Jan / Feb

Too bad you don't have roof access.

I have seen people use the multi bulb bathroom light strips when building germ/start setups, but for your situation I don't think it will be enough light. But I could be wrong.

That plant must be pretty special...if so why not by a small grow fixture, 150w HID would work for the overwinter process for one plant until you can place it back on the balcony...or by the light anyways and start some "vicious" looking seedlings...

Greg

That plant must be pretty special...if so why not by a small grow fixture, 150w HID would work for the overwinter process for one plant until you can place it back on the balcony...or by the light anyways and start some "vicious" looking seedlings...

Greg

If you really love this plant it would be worth the investment.

Ya Ive unloaded a few with fried and this one was my first just seeing if that was an easy way to get around building a box.

Back