Challenge Coins!!

Hey guys and gals,

One of my superiors collects challenge coins. If ya don't know what these are, in a nut shell they are a large coin often carried by military personnel as proof of allegiance to their unit or trade. the rules usually are that you must carry your coin with you 24/7 and produce it when asked (or someone pulls theirs out as a challenge).... if you don't... you owe everyone there that has one a round beers.

What i'm asking is, if anyone has any lying around spare, i'm keen on getting them! swap for seeds, or an RNZAF Armourer's coin. If anyone is keen i'll throw up a pic of our coin so you can see what it looks like.

No worries mate. Here's my armourer's coin, get given them after completing armament trade training (approx 3 years all up).

Front,

P8170008.jpg

Rear,

P8170010.jpg

"don't let the bastards grind you down" :)

If your interested mate, i'll get one for you. What ya got for trade mate? :D

My apologies for the crap photography...
It's solid brass too, needs a bit of a buff up at the mo.

No worries mate. Here's my armourer's coin, get given them after completing armament trade training (approx 3 years all up).

Front,

P8170008.jpg

Rear,

P8170010.jpg

"don't let the bastards grind you down" :)

If your interested mate, i'll get one for you. What ya got for trade mate? :D

My apologies for the crap photography...
It's solid brass too, needs a bit of a buff up at the mo.
Do not polish. Coins loss value when polished.

As an IT geek and Army contractor, I have a couple of nerdy coins like Red Hat Linux and NetIQ (a security product). Don't think they're nearly as cool as real military coins, but they serve their purpose.

As an IT geek and Army contractor, I have a couple of nerdy coins like Red Hat Linux and NetIQ (a security product). Don't think they're nearly as cool as real military coins, but they serve their purpose.

Sounds interesting mate, can ya post some pics?

these are not for trade but I have never shown anyone these...these are the F-35 coins...I put 13 years of a 21 year career on this program...I am pretty sure you guys down under are in on this program too as a major subcontractor...if you know anyone on the program, they can probably get you a set or any one of the three for a price...

031411a004.jpg

031411a014.jpg

The aircraft division of General Dyamics sold to Lockheed in 1993, then merged with Martin Marietta a couple of years later to make Lockheed Martin...I was working at General Dyamics in 1992 for the 50th year anniversary...

031411a011.jpg

031411a013.jpg

hope me posting these pics didn't bother you...

Back