chcolate jalapeno seeds

i have a co worker that wants some chocolate jalpeno seeds to grow, so i am willing to trade up a few of what i have for some for them.

i have these seeds to trade
DAtil
FAtalii
Douglah
Choc Scorp

thanks,
Eric

he asked me if there was such a thing as a "brown" jalapeno. i told him i had not heard of them before so i thought i would throw it out here and see what comes of it.

Closest I have seen are the black (actually dark purple) jalapenos, that turn a beautiful wine/burgundy when ripe. Maybe that's what he's thinking of.

Yeah...mine turn an almost brown, very dark purple just before turning an awesome red color. But I wouldn't call them brown or chocolate jalapenos.

JapPeppers.jpg

haha...thanks...I just wish my habaneros would have produced. I got two pods total off the 8 plants I grew. Not sure what happened with them. The two pods I did get were awesome though...lol

Yeah...mine turn an almost brown, very dark purple just before turning an awesome red color. But I wouldn't call them brown or chocolate jalapenos.

JapPeppers.jpg
Those are beautiful! Where did you obtain the seeds? I'd love to try growing something a little different like that.

My jalapeno m get black sunburn and turn brown briefly before turning red. It adds some nice color to my pickled pepper jars.

My f3 Jalabanero put out 1 black/brown pod before mites nailed it this year.
Plant is in the shade so the black isn't from the sun.

If I end up getting any more pods I might have seeds.
Plant is just barely hanging in there.
Pod was mostly dark brown with a few specks of red when totally ripe.

IM004829.jpg

The pod in the picture looks darker than the picture shows it to be.
I still have the F2 plant and it has buds on it now.
All the Jalabanero plants/seeds I have were from isolated buds.

I originaly got the seeds from Webofhair years ago.
Until f3 I never had the pods ripen a brown/black color.

Back