Cheapest place for 5oz woozy bottles?

I have a few really weird and unique hot sauces that I like to make and would like to start bottling and selling them. I will start on a very small scale. I am looking to buy 24 5oz woozy bottles with caps and heat shrink bands. The cheapest I have found so far on the 'net is 33.95 (after S/H). That is roughly 1.41 per bottle and comes with shrink bands, caps, and reducers. www.specialtybottle.com appeared cheaper but once I added shrink bands and S/H it was $1.42 per.

Anyone out there have a cheaper company they like to use?

Thanks for your help and wish me luck on this endeavor! :)

I am close and pick mine up here so I don't know on S&H. If you only need 24 seals PM me your addy and I can mail you some since most places sell them in pack of 250 or more
http://www.fillmorecontainer.com/

And if you are going to sell there is a good bit of stuff you need to do to be up to the letter of the law

hey, blackseed,

Glad to hear you have some great sauces! That's how most hot sauce ventures start.

As to the bottle specs-

Depending on the viscosity of the sauce, most times a dropper top is not needed. Often times, in reviews, the reviewer takes the dropper top off to get to the sauce. Personally, unless it's the consistency of water, I'd not use a dropper top. justmyHUMBLEopinion

Shrink Bands-
I'll trade you +100 black shrink bands for a bottle of your sauce. I think Specialty Bottle only has clear bands. And if you want more than 100 black bands, send me a PM. I made this offer some time ago and since then the company the bands came from has doubled their minimum order to something like (15,000??). I originally made the offer as a fun way to trade for new sauces. And I'd like to continue the offer~

One nice thing about Specialty Bottle is that there are no minimums. The price you quote sounds a little high, even for a short order. :?: I don't buy huge lots, but it's usually <$1 for bottle and cap.

Fillmore is another company others have used. Sometimes they have free shipping but I don't know if there are minimums.

And beyond that, just google "woozy"~~~

On another note-
I'd like to strongly encourage you to follow proper processing procedures, document your work as required and follow your local processing codes and licensing requirements before selling you sauces. Once you sell to a consumer, even over the internet, you put yourself in a position of responsibility and if anything ever goes wrong, you want to make sure you have everything in place as far as insurance and proper processing facilities, etc.

Starting small is how it works best. Get out there to some local farmers markets, or into a few local stores. Get the one-on-one responses to the sauces and work from there.

The food business isn't all that difficult once you understand what is required by your local health department. They are a great resource.

Have Fun and make people happy with your sauces! Looking forward to seeing your venture grow~
SL

edit- Justaguy posted while I was typing, he has a great offer also. :cool:

+1 on Salsalady's information. She is a valuable source on this site IMO.
I don't know about other bottle sites but filmore tells you what amount will ship best.

Hey man, try http://www.containerandpackaging.com i get tons of stuff from conatiner and packaging and their prices are usually pretty good. 5ounce woozy bottle goes for about.57 cents. i didnt check out the caps and bands you can choose from several different ones so you'll have to compare on their site.
good luck
Scotty

and make sure you order LINED caps. I didn't specify lined caps one time and got un-lined caps. Lined caps seal better. :)

So sorry for not replying. Super busy. But briefly, thank you so much and I will get to you all when I have time in a couple days. Thanks for understanding.

I am TOTALLY expecting to abide by all laws not only to protect myself but to protect the people eating my sauces.

Be back by Tue I hope.

Back