• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

Checking on the interest...

I had grabbed a bunch of pods off my plants before I had to leave Florida a while back, and I had a lot of varieties of peppers going.  They were open-pollinated and of various heat levels.  I've also got seeds from a number of pods that I had bought or had been given.

I know most folks look for specific varieties and want guaranteed "pure" seeds with a guarantee to grow etc, so I am just checking on if there is any interest in a grab bag of mixed, no guarantee type seeds.

I have started plants from a lot of the seeds, but would make no guarantee on them, nor charge for them - probably first come with SASBE (not sure how many seeds per pack, nor how many possible packs yet - have to judge based on interest).

If any interest, I'll post a list of the types of seeds I have.  They'll be mixed up and divided out, so there would be no way to say which would be in which pack - totally random grab bag,

So... any interest?  :)

I think its an awesome idea. I, however, have tons of seeds. I would think there should be several folks that would love a grab bag.

I agree! I think it's fun to have some mystery plants. I'm reaching my limit for plants though... Wish I wasn't.

You can be sure there will be interest. I am not sure will stay in line for this offer, I keep saying my 2015 list is closed, but must to admit I tell myself - just this one more, and also this one, and another one.... So, for mistery seeds I have doubt will jump on, but you can be sure many will jump.

Ok, I'll go through the seeds later and get a list.  I just don't have the time and energy to start as many from seed now and I hate to see them all just sitting around.  I'll still start some, but will share the wealth some.

I've got a bunch still in the dried pods too (dried at 95 degrees, so viability should be fine and have started some of them as well) that I'll seed (more flakes/powder for me anyways...lol)

It may be a bit before I get everything together, but will get some pics and a list together when I get some time (won't be too long... so should be well in time to be started for next season).

Thanks all.

That's a great idea! I'm really interested in such a thing! I never know what kind of peppers I wanted to grow. I already have 3 kind of seeds for next season, but surely was looking for more. I think having mystery seeds and taking care of a plant I don't even know what pods will come out of it would be a really exciting experience!

You sure can count me in! And thanks for the awesome generosity!

Hey Wolf... head over to http://thehotpepper.com/topic/50628-seed-grab-bag-give-away-for-sasbe/ if ya want in.  Still a number of packs unspoken for :)

I love the comment on taking care of peppers where ya don't even know what it is... lol...  A lot of folks here have had that issue, but in a bad way - where they thought they had purchased something specific and got something different.  This seems to be a more fun way, as you go in with really no expectations as to what you will get (if anything), and might get something pretty cool.

I really hope everyone gets something cool out of it (especially some wicked mystery crosses...lol)

Back