• We welcome off-topic dicussion that is not political or divisive. If we feel your topic leans political or has the potentioal to become divisive, it may be removed at any time. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

Checking on the interest...

I had grabbed a bunch of pods off my plants before I had to leave Florida a while back, and I had a lot of varieties of peppers going.  They were open-pollinated and of various heat levels.  I've also got seeds from a number of pods that I had bought or had been given.

I know most folks look for specific varieties and want guaranteed "pure" seeds with a guarantee to grow etc, so I am just checking on if there is any interest in a grab bag of mixed, no guarantee type seeds.

I have started plants from a lot of the seeds, but would make no guarantee on them, nor charge for them - probably first come with SASBE (not sure how many seeds per pack, nor how many possible packs yet - have to judge based on interest).

If any interest, I'll post a list of the types of seeds I have.  They'll be mixed up and divided out, so there would be no way to say which would be in which pack - totally random grab bag,

So... any interest?  :)

I think its an awesome idea. I, however, have tons of seeds. I would think there should be several folks that would love a grab bag.

I agree! I think it's fun to have some mystery plants. I'm reaching my limit for plants though... Wish I wasn't.

You can be sure there will be interest. I am not sure will stay in line for this offer, I keep saying my 2015 list is closed, but must to admit I tell myself - just this one more, and also this one, and another one.... So, for mistery seeds I have doubt will jump on, but you can be sure many will jump.

Ok, I'll go through the seeds later and get a list.  I just don't have the time and energy to start as many from seed now and I hate to see them all just sitting around.  I'll still start some, but will share the wealth some.

I've got a bunch still in the dried pods too (dried at 95 degrees, so viability should be fine and have started some of them as well) that I'll seed (more flakes/powder for me anyways...lol)

It may be a bit before I get everything together, but will get some pics and a list together when I get some time (won't be too long... so should be well in time to be started for next season).

Thanks all.

That's a great idea! I'm really interested in such a thing! I never know what kind of peppers I wanted to grow. I already have 3 kind of seeds for next season, but surely was looking for more. I think having mystery seeds and taking care of a plant I don't even know what pods will come out of it would be a really exciting experience!

You sure can count me in! And thanks for the awesome generosity!

Hey Wolf... head over to http://thehotpepper.com/topic/50628-seed-grab-bag-give-away-for-sasbe/ if ya want in.  Still a number of packs unspoken for :)

I love the comment on taking care of peppers where ya don't even know what it is... lol...  A lot of folks here have had that issue, but in a bad way - where they thought they had purchased something specific and got something different.  This seems to be a more fun way, as you go in with really no expectations as to what you will get (if anything), and might get something pretty cool.

I really hope everyone gets something cool out of it (especially some wicked mystery crosses...lol)

Back