vendor cheers Baker's Peppers!

A while back, Baker's had a contest, and I was one of the winners. Once I found out, I PMd him my address, but never heard back. Oh well.
Then a few things happened, and people got upset, and it felt kind of weird. Long story short I declined my winnings (as did others).

Anyway, we're all past that now.

Today when we got home from work, there was a Box on our doorstep, from Baker's Peppers. WOW!
The box contained everything he said it would...

1 lb - Trinidad Scorpion BUTCH T (FRESH PODS)
1 lb - Trinidad Scorpion Red (FRESH PODS)
3 oz - Dried seeded Trinidad Scorpion Butch T pods BLENDED with Brain Strain Red pods
25 - T Scorp Moruga Seeds OP
25 - T Scorp Yellow Seeds OP
25 - Brain Strain Red Seeds OP
25 - T Scorp Chocolate Seeds OP
25 - Fatalii Yellow Seeds OP
25 - Fatalii Chocolate Seeds OP
1 - FREE Coupon for THREE (3) Seedlings next Spring! Your choice from the grow list next Spring!! SHIPPED FREE TOO :)
1 - FREE Coupon for ONE (1) FREE SFRB of pods good ANYTIME!! FREE SHIPPING on this too!! Of course its good for only what I have available at the time u redeem it.

It all looks awesome!
Out of all the fresh pods he sent (3500 miles), I only had to throw out 5. Good ratio in my book.

I am thinking that this is a new business, and like all new businesses, they need 5 years to truly get off the ground.
Give Baker's a chance, he pulled thru for me even when I didn't want him to. Good on ya Dale!
The whole point of his contest was to put the good word out about his business, and he did that, for me.
There has been a lot of threads about BP's with good and bad reviews, but please, all I ask is that this thread stay positive.

Good job Dale, I'll definitely buy from you in the future. :cheers:

Now I have to figure out what to do with all THIS!....

90503ffb.jpg

cbb95265.jpg

This isn't the place to rehash gossip. There has been plenty of that.
Every new business experiences growing pains. That's all.

Mr. Deville, you upload it just like a picture! To photobucket...or upload it to YouTube and copy and paste the link brotha. Don't play coy!

:rofl: I might ry in about a week, when I'm done with this job. Whoot!

Wasn't that giveaway supposed to be done a long time ago? Maybe this thread should be moved to the extreme area?

This may cause noobs to be skeptical. How long would it really take for a paid order to arrive given production problems or unforseen circumstances?

This thread is supposed to be for people who are happy with Baker's Peppers and their orders.
I see no reason to hide it from the General Public. If you ordered from Bakers and are happy, Post it here,
Otherwise, take your complaints elsewhere, and specifically with an order you may not have received,
Take it up with Baker's business PRIVATELY.

Gossip is not productive, and I am tired of seeing threads get locked because someone flicks a cigarette butt into the hey barn.
:D

This thread is supposed to be for people who are happy with Baker's Peppers and their orders.
I see no reason to hide it from the General Public. If you ordered from Bakers and are happy, Post it here,
Otherwise, take your complaints elsewhere, and specifically with an order you may not have received,
Take it up with Baker's business PRIVATELY.

Gossip is not productive, and I am tired of seeing threads get locked because someone flicks a cigarette butt into the hey barn.
:D
wait so you can only say good stuff so now people are going to think oh bakers is good but they are only seeing the good they are not seeing anything else because nobody wants them to know? he did that contest for one reason and one reason only and that was save his rep and try and save his bussiness and people need to know that!

Scovie, you startd the thread this way:

"A while back, Baker's had a contest, and I was one of the winners. Once I found out, I PMd him my address, but never heard back. Oh well. Then a few things happened, and people got upset, and it felt kind of weird. Long story short I declined my winnings (as did others)."

Why did you decline? Why did it take so long to get the pods after the promised date? Yeah, I read the back problem issue but that was a long time ago too. Now you are happy wit something you originally won and then declined. Why the change?

We noobs, not in the know, would like to be edumicated!

Beating a dead horse is not productive. I just popped in here for a sec and saw the same stuff posted about old transactions. No one was scammed, or that would be different. Definitely warn people about scams, but bad customer service, a month ago or so... old news, and you said your piece already. It's becoming stalkish.

I requested my box be sent to the mods but I don't know if that happened, and I'm not to worried about it. I won, so if I decline he does not have to send to whom I say.

He also offered me a box at a later date.

Roger that THP. I am not, nor would I ever, question your integrity or intent. The community deserves to hear both sides. The giveaway ended 4 July. After many delays, the boxes are now arriving. What message does that send, and what happens to unsuspecting noobs who get orders "lost" for weeks?

Roger that THP. I am not, nor would I ever, question your integrity or intent. The community deserves to hear both sides. The giveaway ended 4 July. After many delays, the boxes are now arriving. What message does that send, and what happens to unsuspecting noobs who get orders "lost" for weeks?

Bitter much?

No Scovie, not bitter at all. There are 3 sides to every story. Yours, mine, and the truth somewhere in the middle. FYI Scovie, many paying customers got the shaft too.

If it makes you feel better, call me a non-extreme member pepper advocate. I'll take non-taxable donations should you want to pony up. YEEEE HAWWWW!

I feel the need to say something here...the giveaway ended on the 4th...and in the rules of the giveaway it stated that the free boxes would ship a FEW weeks later...and they did...what's the big hoopla about? Everyone who won a box got theirs...and kind denniz and Jedisushi also got theirs...am I missing something? Did someone else have a messed up order I don't know about? Please let me know, as I would like to fix it...thanks guys :)

Now now brown cow... go to sleep.
When you are doing the right thing, people stand up for you, which they have. Don't bother responding to people trying to stir things up when they aren't even involved.
Kudos to you for trying to find out if there's any problems, but don't get baited into anything. :D

I talked to Dale to see if I could help mediate the issue between growhot36 and Baker's Peppers, only to find out growhot36 is not even a customer, and there is no transaction.

growhot36 stop trolling. That is your friendly warning.

Now now brown cow... go to sleep.
When you are doing the right thing, people stand up for you, which they have. Don't bother responding to people trying to stir things up when they aren't even involved.
Kudos to you for trying to find out if there's any problems, but don't get baited into anything. :D

Yes Dale there is a saying "Don't feed the trolls."

Back