food Chicken , Garlic and lime sausages

My local butcher said if i supply the ingredients he will make me some sausages so i gave sum yellow bhuts,some small red chillies not sure type and garlic and lime and the odd small cut up vegies.
they smell and look good. cant wait to try them today.will post up pic and the results.
just a experiment so far if all goes well ill prob start to get him to make more and he may even sell sum as people have been asking for spicy stuff.There spiciest stuff is like baby food so this should rock them

I wish I had a local butcher who'd do that.

I'm strongly considering a kitchen aid mixer just to get the sausage grinder attachment.

I don't bake much though.

Any stand-alone sausage makers worth getting?

Don't skimp. Once you have a meat grinder you're no longer a victim of Kaptalistikal nonsense. Buy the chunk meat and prep as you like. Pick up a slicer while you're at it.
Just like hams. Anyone who doesn't brine their own hams--6 days(or corned beef--21 days) is a fool.

I would have to recommend you not get the kitchen aid for stuffing sausages. The grinder is good for grinding but it is a horrible design for actual stuffing.

+1. I have a hand crank grinder/stuffer, and it is a p.i.t.a. to stuff sausages. It becomes a two, or even three man operation. Of course, this is fine if you are having a sausage party. :lol:

Back