• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

baking Chili bread

Today i made some chili bread for the first time. It was quite good.
I used 1 Aji cristali and half Cap 220 the bread it self was pretty smal. just 1cm high.

Heres a pic, it was super tasty!

201007122708.jpg

Looks delicious. I love incorporating peppers into everything. What kind of bread did you use for the base of the pepper bread? Regular white type?

That looks very good, I would love to try it with some butter. If you ever make it larger a steak sandwich would be great in that.

Looks delicious. I love incorporating peppers into everything. What kind of bread did you use for the base of the pepper bread? Regular white type?

I used:

5dl flours
2.0dl water
2dl yogurt
1/2 yeast package
1/2dl oil
1 spoon sugar
2 tea spoons salt

mix all that let it rest for 40min..

Then put them up on a plate let them rest for 10-15 mins.

Then make them around ½cm - 1cm thick.

Set oven to 220c put them in and 10min later its done!

Btw, if you got sea salt use that as well on the topping.

That looks very good, I would love to try it with some butter. If you ever make it larger a steak sandwich would be great in that.

It was very good! I had alot of butter on yummi i will make some more bread for sure. am sure i can make it even better next time ;)

orrves-
that is some tasty-looking bread on a grill!

I LOVE a crusty home-baked bread from yeast, flour, etc.. And the peppers are a su-weet bonus.

What a great idea! My wife is the bread baker in the house and I will try to get her to this. This made me wonder if anyone here makes butter. A superhot butter would be great when chile bread is not available.

One of the best things I ever bought for the kitchen was a bread machine.
My favourite bread is chilli bread, I just add 3-4 chopped chilli to whatever bread mix I am trying and it works great!
I made bread last week and added a tablespoon of curry powder as well, it was brilliant I will definately make it again.

They kind of handle all the work for you Paul. This thread has just given me an idea. I make a Naga Cornbread that I think might make an appearance in the throwdown... maybe.

Those bread machines are neat, but are they any better at making bread than your oven?

No they are not as good as a proper oven, although they are better than my oven!
My wife is a master baker, she used to work for Harrods in London and really hates our oven, I have promised her that I will get her a real oven when we move.
Of course it as much for me as for her, I can then make real Pizza!

yum yum,.. my neighbor made some slammin chili cornbread last year... it was SO good.
Thanks for sharin the pic :clap:

xox nicole

Back