• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

chili identification required

p1000283.jpg

its still in a poly bag. Will transfer to a clay pot this weekend..

looks like some sort of a banana pepper (some type of hungarian wax)

JungleRain said:
hi Sri, are those measurements in inches or cm?
CM

hmmm i have seen a pepper that is about 10 inches long and abt 2-3 inches wide in spain.

i have not tasted the one at home yet. might do it today.

They're usually medium hot. I just pickled some wax peppers and the wife was able to eat them. She has a very low tolerance for heat!

If it is a banana pepper type, some can be approaching serrano heat and some are sweet...just depends on what variety you get...I ate an Inferno Hot Banana pepper with my pizza at lunch yesterday and it was pretty warm...the Infernos get pretty big too...up to 8" long

AlabamaJack said:
...just depends on what variety you get...I ate an Inferno Hot Banana pepper with my pizza at lunch yesterday and it was pretty warm...the Infernos get pretty big too...up to 8" long

Yea I am growing Infernos as well AJ. I haven't tasted them yet because my two ripe ones went to my parents. I didn't think they would be all that hot but my mom could not eat them. My dad enjoyed his and is looking forward to more.

Yup, I had an experience with a Hot Bannana the other day that really surprised me! Was at a BBQ joint havin some brisket, when I noticed they had some peppers growing in the landscaping. So I picked a few ripe red Banana peppers, and continued to eat them with my meal. I just took a bigole' bite out of one, about half the thing, and started chewing when I realized I hadn't given that pepper the respect it deserved. Not a naga by any means, but did stomp the Jalapenos I'd munched the day before. Really caught me off guard cause it was so SWEET, but actually gave me a nice punch in the throat. Good pepper these are.

hello there everyone.
i tasted the pepper yesterday. the skin was sweet and about 1- 1.5 mm thick . but the part where the seeds were sticking to was a bit orangey red was medium hot that lasted about 10 minutes. but if you take a hot drink after still get the burn feeling in the tongue. :) hehehe.... i think that one was still unripe. now waiting for the other one to be ready.

p10003421.jpg

its redder now..:)

I'm thinking this isn't a banana now. Hell, I don't know what that is. Let it ripen fully red, then make powder!

Okay my expert advisor/horticulturally sound brother says they are a cross.red cultivar and fresno..at least I was half right..lol

Talljess said:
Red serrano Fresno cross... very fresh tasting until ripe. then sweet skin mild to medium heat. good find.

I found that in weekend open market. it was the first time she brought that variety to sell.

Back