Chili Man gets some free advertising!

fineexampl said:
Bro that's pretty sweet. How is the hot dog cart biz? Is the 3 days a week a choice?

Great, now i want a hot dog with some spicy junk on it. :( I'm effin starving.

Damn, now i want a dirty water dog myself. Thanks, Fineexampl:lol:

Sickmont said:
Damn, now i want a dirty water dog myself. Thanks, Fineexampl:lol:
There's a truck on my way home that gets people lined up from lunchtime til about 5pm out here. The guy actually owns the tiny section of land he parks on and plugs directly into the power lines to keep the food hot. I doubt he makes his own toppings though. Maybe i could outsource my own come harvest.

fineexampl said:
Bro that's pretty sweet. How is the hot dog cart biz? Is the 3 days a week a choice?

Great, now i want a hot dog with some spicy junk on it. :( I'm effin starving.

I have 3 spots that I frequent during the week. Uptown for two, University area for two and the Charlotte School of Law on Tuesday. My mantra for the cart is "Get popular and get scarce". I found that folks are more likely to show up if you are not at their beck and call 5 days a week. So I kept moving to new spaces until I had this schedule and every day, every spot, I am mobbed due to the fact that they know those are the only times to get my grub. I have turned myself into a "scheduled lunch"

And believe it or not, the cart biz is smashing right now. Every place you go has had to raise prices due to the cost of gas, whereas I have only had to raise a few prices a little bit since I don't carry as much overhead. So the old $6 for two chili dogs (unlimited toppings) a canned drink and a bag of chips fits real nicely into most folks' budgets.

Thanks to all for your "Congrats's"

kato said:
Chili Man

Cogratulations! If you can send us a copy of the article We'll get you up on our website.
Again great job.

Mick
Kato's

Hey Mick, been having some troubles with old computer, mostly that every time I try to get on the Charlotte observer website, it crashes my browser. Luckily I thought to try it out on Internet Explorer and I got some better results!

Here's the new link (it is actually a follow up article paring down the top 50 to the top 25 "Charlotte Culinary Musts!") I ranked a spot and a picture on the cover!

Lets try: http://www.charlotteobserver.com/470/story/95723.html

Thanks for getting me on you site!

Back