event Chili meet

I mentioned this some time back and it seemed to get a favorable response. So, I am going to throw it out again and based on the feedback I will determine whether or not to seriously pursue it.

There are a lot of chiliheads/ chili cultivars in the Midwest. We know many of them from our contacts through the forum, but only by their typing ability.
I am curious as to who might be interested in attending an event if I can put it together.
This is only ground floor planning at this point and everything is susceptible to implementation and or change.

I have for a few years been interested in promoting a chili fest, this may be the cornerstone in that progression.

I would be interested, whether I could ever find the time to attend is a different story.  Next year time should be better for me, this year had so many things going on it has just pushed me back on things.    I know there are for more guys up your way over in the Chicago burbs particularly.  I know there are a few down in my part of the state, a few more in the south, but most are up north.  I have met some guys on other social networks up in the burbs, and also over towards the quad cities as well.  

Judging by you signature, you need to work out the important issue of CHILI or CHILE-CON fist lol.

jcw10tc said:
I would be interested, whether I could ever find the time to attend is a different story.  Next year time should be better for me, this year had so many things going on it has just pushed me back on things.    I know there are for more guys up your way over in the Chicago burbs particularly.  I know there are a few down in my part of the state, a few more in the south, but most are up north.  I have met some guys on other social networks up in the burbs, and also over towards the quad cities as well.  

This is most definitely a next year event. I could never bring it off this year. I am just attempting to spark interest.

The Hot Pepper said:
Judging by you signature, you need to work out the important issue of CHILI or CHILE-CON fist lol.

Actually that was very well thought out. CHILI-CON west of the Mississippi and CHILE-CON east of the Mississippi. But that's another story

But..... New Mexico :lol:

Hahaha plan shot to hell.

Unless you have them backwards, the west uses chile (spanish) more and the east, chili (english) more. But in Texas it's always chili. NM, chile (chile relleno etc.). Better just pick one. ;)

Walchit said:
Just call it pepper-con.
What state will it be in

Exact idea being this website name. ;) Don't forget chiLLi. lol.

The Hot Pepper said:
Unless you have them backwards, the west uses chile (spanish) more and the east, chili (english) more. But in Texas it's always chili. NM, chile (chile relleno etc.). Better just pick one. ;)

I am dyslexic.

Walchit said:
Just call it pepper-con.
What state will it be in

As I said, that name acquisition is another story. But I needed to grab the domains before hand. And because I have all of them, there is no confusion and you can type anyone of them and get the same result. At least for now.

I see this is more serious than just putting feelers out there!

Best of luck! I hope it takes off. PM me if you think I can help in some way.

The Hot Pepper said:
I see this is more serious than just putting feelers out there!

Best of luck! I hope it takes off. PM me if you think I can help in some way.

Actually it is in the end game, much more serious. But not related to the OP. This thread is merely designed to get a bunch of local and or not local chiliheads together for a day of shop talk and whatnot.

From there who knows. Shop talk leads to other things and right now I am a committee, BOD and promoter of 1.

And thx, probably before the seriousness really materializes I will be in touch.

Wow offering to bring your own beer, see, I would want it to be catered with the finest craft ales, you are a gentleman sir.

The Hot Pepper said:
Wow offering to bring your own beer, see, I would want it to be catered with the finest craft ales, you are a gentleman sir.

The Chicago Fiery Food Fest had all that. But again, that was a full blown organized chili fest.

Back