• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Chilidude growing season 2015

10 different chilis should suffice for season 2015:

Carolina reaper.
Petenero.
Carribean antillais.
Bonda ma jacques.
Fatalii.
Naga morich.
Rocato.
Black habanero.
Aji golden.
Aji pineapple.

Still going to grow them with led growing lights. Ghe flora micro+Ghe flora mato and coco coir is my growing combo.

Really nice grow list.What is Petenero like?Good luck with your upcoming season.
Really nice grow list.What is Petenero like?Good luck with your upcoming season.

PaulS said:
I've never used rockwool, I usually do ok in soil, is there a big benefit using rockwool?

Free of parasytes, hard to make rockwool to form mould and seeds germinate with higher percentage and faster, because uniform moisture/water retention and rockwool is also hard to overwater.

You can place the seeds on top of the rockwool cube and easily observe, if the seeds germinate or not and add more if not.

Every way better than soil, when you are starting seeds. Then you can plant the rockwool cube to whatever growing medium you prefer.

Most of the small plants are now under the led. Few of the seeds didnt germinate right, so had to put few more to germinate..but no worries, i still have plenty of time to grow my plants before i can put them outside.

I was just reading through your old post on the Rocato... very interesting, looking forward to seeing how those grow for you...

Spicegeist said:
I was just reading through your old post on the Rocato... very interesting, looking forward to seeing how those grow for you...

One Rocato seed germinated and now growing under the 120w led light. I have put two other Rocato seeds to germinate just to make sure, i have at least 2 of them growing..but just one Rocato plant makes lot of tasty chilis. Rocato tastes like a hot sweet paprika, so it should make a tasty smoked powder. :drooling:

Seriously thinking of trying germination in rockwool. I've been using wet paper towel and have had varying success. I've also used the peat pellets with some degree of success. Will have to see if they have them in stock at my local hydro store.

Neil

Hey, those look great!  Takin' off for sure, now!

Back