• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Chilidude growing season 2015

10 different chilis should suffice for season 2015:

Carolina reaper.
Petenero.
Carribean antillais.
Bonda ma jacques.
Fatalii.
Naga morich.
Rocato.
Black habanero.
Aji golden.
Aji pineapple.

Still going to grow them with led growing lights. Ghe flora micro+Ghe flora mato and coco coir is my growing combo.

Runescape said:
Those are getting huge lol...When do you plan on putting them outside?

They are not that big compared to my last years plants...LOL I am planning to take them outside in the end of May, if weather permits.

tsurrie said:
looking good
how are those air pots, do they make a lot of difference?

Yes. Last year i noticed a huge difference in actual growing and pepper production ability, when using coco+Ghe fertilizers with the airpot. Very hard to overwater in there pots and the plant produced huge number of feeding roots.

Chilidude said:

Yes. Last year i noticed a huge difference in actual growing and pepper production ability, when using coco+Ghe fertilizers with the airpot. Very hard to overwater in there pots and the plant produced huge number of feeding roots.

So in conclusion, they're probably worth their higher price... a buddy of mine has a few and is gonna try them out this summer.
If he's satisfied, I'm gonna buy some air pots for next season for sure.

Looking good chilidude! Haven't used the airpots before, but have read about them being hotels for bugs. Have you found that?

Neil

Blister said:
Looking good chilidude! Haven't used the airpots before, but have read about them being hotels for bugs. Have you found that?

Neil

Have seen few ants and some spiders, but have not seen any other bugs. I use containers to collect the extra water coming from the pots, as i water them and the water pouring out of the pots helps keeping out the ants.

First chilis have ripened and tasted two new varieties for me:

Aji pineapple: sort of quick hint of pineapple and decend quite long lasting burn.

Aji golden: Sweet fruity Aji taste, very little heat. Would be nice for some salads or just eating straight from the plant as a tasty snack.

I haven't tried any of the Aji's. This year I've stuck primarily to heat. The only exception is the MoA Bonnet. All the others are scorpion derivitives and a jolokia. I wanted to limit my grow this year, but I'm still pushing a dozen or so plants. Looking like it's going to be a nice hot summer here too! Should be able to produce some real nice heat by the end of the season.

Neil

Back