• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Chilidude season 2016

Long time no see. Year 2015 was a huge disappointment for me and got very few chilis, but i hope the coming season is much better this time around.

This is my chili list for the the season 2016, i am thinking of growing this time around. I have four overwintered plants from the last year: one Naga morich, two Petenero plants and one Caribbean antillas plant.

This is my growing list for this season:

-Naga morich
-Petenero
-Caribbean antillas
-Bonda ma jacques
-Fatalii
-Aji russian yellow
-Aji little finger orange
-Aji golden
-Aji benito
Aji lemon drop
-Guajillo

Plenty of new plants to try and some old varieties also, that works for me. :)

The new fertilizer arrived, here is some pictures of the test subject and the fertilizer:

This very good looking Aji little finger orange will be the test subject for the new coco fertilizer. Of course flushed the Ghe fertilizers out of the coco with clean water before adding the B'cuzz coco A+B.

Part A of the fertilizer is a dark looking stuff similar to the Ghe flora Micro. Part B of the stuff is a clear looking liquid.

Mixing Part A= 25ml/Part B=25ml to 10 litres of water gave me EC number of 1.6, that i like to use with the GHE fertilizers. Let's see what happens in a week after using this mixture to the plant.

Atami likes to recommend additional stuff to be added to the mixture, but i dont believe in any additives and so will not use any, if this fertilizer alone will not give me good results..I will just return to the good old GHE stuff. :dance:

Comptine said:

Whoa, that's really far north. Do you heat your greenhouse at all? 

I only heat the greenhouse, if there is a high change of frost present or to extend the season a little if needed.

OCD Chilehead said:
Good luck with the new ferts. Plant looks healthy.

Todays report from inspecting the test subject in the morning. Plant makes a lot of flowers now and they produce a lot of pollen. All the flowers i have hand pollunated for testing purposes have been turning in to smalls pods and not fallen off, so early impressions of the fertilizer are positive. :P

As the season is closing to an end soon enough, i have been watering the chilis with 10ml micro/10ml mato to 10 litres of water to make the chilis stop growing any more and instead they will hopefully start to think about ripening the pods they have produced.

End of the season have been quite warm so here is some harvest pictures and i have already collected lot of chilis this year:

Todays harvest picture:

There are lot of chilis still coming and only a small portion of the main harvest is collected:

This season was quite a success. :dance:

Sweet looking harvest! Hopefully we won't get any frosts until October. Looks like you have quite a lot of pods to harvest yet in there. 

Another pile of chilis i picked this morning:

Next year i swear to put fewer plants to grow as there is still huge load of chilis coming after many harvest this year, as i dont know what to do with all these piles of chilis i have gotten thus far. :onfire:

Also i have put few heaters inside the greenhouse, as the nights are starting to get colder.

I have been trying to pick the ripe pods as fast as i can, but there is still seemingly unlimited supply of pods coming and all of them will not make it before the cold comes. My ripe chili supplies are well stocked by now and will not worry one bit, if i am not able to pick much more of these chilis, so overall the season have been a success.

Comptine said:

Don't we all tell ourselves that every year, yet somehow there are always more plants? 

Actually this year i had fewer plants growing, than last year. Next year plan is to grow 13-15 chilis at max and i am trying to aim for the number 13 to make all the chilis fit in the greenhouse.

Have a lot of different kind of chili seeds and would need another greenhouse to try them all. :P

Here is almost 900 grams of lemon drop/Yellow russian and Aji little finger orange ready to go to the freezer. I have freezed a lot of chilis lately and will have a good supply of stuff for the coming winter time.

The weather have become quite cold, so the season will soon end for me.

Next year planned varieties for me are these:

Naga morich
Petenero
Hot paper lantern
Bonda ma jacques
Caramel bhut jolokia
Aji limo
Aji jobito
Aji benito
Aji cito
Aji golden
Aji pineapple

Good choice for next year! I'm quite fond of baccatums, I've grown both the cito and pineapple and both were really nice peppers. 

Back