• If you can't find a "Hot" category that fits, post it here!

chilli booze (2 great things together!)

right first off a word of warning! (No point in warning you lot as you'll do it anyway!)
Chilli vodka i've made before with great results.
But the latest experiment .... Well lets say i had 2 fingers of dark rum left after making some caribbean style jerk marinates a few weeks ago, so i took a small berry like red savina and 2 of my safi , chopped them put them in the rum and have agitated it for 4 days.
Had a few sips tonight and all i can say is. FUCK THAT IS FUCKING MEAN SHIT! It tastes better than it smells!

How did you do the Chilli Vodka? I've made Chilli beer a number of times, but would be keen to expand to spirits. Assuming you're not stilling and doing it all from scratch ;)

all you do is get a bottle of your favorite spirit and add a few of your favorite pods leave it for a week minimum shaking it every day or so. And thats it.
My little rum experiment was hot enough to cause hiccups!

Hehehehh!! brill idea! I popped 2 lemon drops in some vodka (scored them first so they sink!) tis yummy! you get the lemon taste too!

I made some habanero vodka awhile back for some bloody marys. It worked well...but didn't have the greatest taste. I still have some of that left. The habaneros have totally lost their color, lol. I don't know what I'm gonna do w/ it. I'm gonna try another batch soon...this time using jalapenos.

Oh right, IGG said nto to leave pods in too long as gets tooo hottt.
Oopsie..the Bih pod is still in the whisky bottle....be afraid.

Cool posts....Ive done a few chilli brews in the past...they use to give my mates the hic-cups much like poor Neil when he devours a bih, LOL! Mixed a few other nice brews....How does Absinthe and a few bhuts sound...The ultimate but kicking brew that one!

Scorpion said:
Cool posts....Ive done a few chilli brews in the past...they use to give my mates the hic-cups much like poor Neil when he devours a bih, LOL! Mixed a few other nice brews....How does Absinthe and a few bhuts sound...The ultimate but kicking brew that one!

A Fiery Green Fairy no thx Scorps ;) :lol:

The last bottle I made was perfect for my taste. Five large jalapenos sliced lengthwise into quarters seeds removed (I hate getting seeds in a shot) And five Thai Dragons whole but scored. The jalapeno/thai flavor is great and the thai adds enough heat to make it right. I will say that I made this almost a month ago and let it sit for about 10 days before trying it. It has got significantly hotter in the past two weeks since I opened it.

Back