• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

chinense Chilli Tests "Burkina Yellow Scotch Bonnet"

I Have a New Favorite, This is Unreal and the nicest chilli ive had (i think, they are all good) Its Extra Sweet and sort of Bonnet / habish but not, Heat bout Hab / bonnet and 2 is just perfect as gives n all over burn thats pretty intense, i love the shape they look cool
burkinacropped.jpg

1 thing did notice (and few others did to) was that after the endorphin rush, usually feel a bit tired geeez after these was Bouncing off the walls for Hr's, the wife asked "what have you taken?" at 1 point as thought was bit active for my usual self..

will have to try again and see :D

here ya go, the Burkina

hope ya enjoy (i did doing)
take care
neil.

That's one of my favorites too. I have a plant on it's 3rd year and still going strong. Great flavor and relatively mild heat by habanero type standards.

again Neil, your video is excellent...I have turned a lot of people on to your U-Tube videos for the pepper tasting...what you are doing with the videos is educating the whole world on the burn and taste of the peppers...this will be very useful in cooking...

thanks Neil...

i love em bigt, grown for only this season and as not try till test been looking at drooling for yonks, heaps nice and yea hot but nice hot and the flavour :D

thanks AJ yes, for that reason and few others..as most here would know there are sooooooo many diff types and all taste dif, diff heats.. some look cool, big 1's small 1's all diff shapes and sizes,been told i love my plants more than anything else and probably doo, so Just showing people my passion and as theres Heaps, will keep plodding along and showing what find and what it does..

basically all started cause would talk bout the plants i grew and got Blank looks from People, so thought would do vids and show that there are diff types out there and ya didnt have to run round like a goose if tried 1..

and thanks Potawie

Another great vid Neil, as somewhat of a neophyte on all the varieties of peppers out there, I love seeing new types. Looks like I definitely need to get my hands on some Burkina Yellows!

Wooohooo!

I knew you'd like those Neil..they're ebil 'lil chiles. :D

I still have some in the freezer, they keep very well.

Odd though, Mine seem a lot more orange than yellow and had some super-twisted shapes. More like RB's ones.

S6301299.JPG

S6301412.JPG

The Thread: http://www.thehotpepper.com/showthread.php?t=7047

You said they were very sweet, but the ones I had were very strong flavored...almost bitter tasting in a habby/bonnet sorta way. Even frozen you can still smell them.

Perhaps just a different cross eh?

Good stuff mate!

Just tonight I thawed out one of the EBiL CHiL3Z for a neighbor to try..we eat a 1/2 each. He didn't die or freak out, so a good mate.

That's after a few shots of R&R.

Even now beign frozen since sept.08..they are still potent and smell HABBY as when thawed....they are teh evil. Took my would-be-chilehead neighbor aback a mite..heheheh. Shoulda seen hsi face 30sec after eating 1/2 of one of mine..was classic.

A good 10min burn even now from frozen peppers.

Love it.

Great vid Neil. I am growing Burkinas for the first time this year. Plants look great so far. Still a long way from harvest though.:drooling:

Back