• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

ChilliJez 2016

I've been pretty much in awe of what folks achieve over here on THP. What I'd give to have the skill and the climate you guys have!
Well, finally I'm sticking my neck out and starting a growlog myself. Great to participate!

I have 3 very different growing areas, 1 inside, 2 in greenhouses. I'll describe them better as time goes on. I have so many, too many varieties for the space that I have. However quite a few are for stem fusing and grafting trials, others for close trimmed "bonchi" projects.

This isn't the full list but most.

Regular grow
Aji Panca
Bell of Gollu
Brown Egg
CGN21500
Cheiro Roxa
Chichen Itza
Murupi Doce
PI595908
Tehrani
Tuccurique Yellow
Guajillo
Congo Trinidad
Naga Jolokia PC1
Peruvian Purple
Dedo De Mocha
Chilhuacle Negro
Chilhuacle Rojo
Chilhuacle Amarillo
SB Tobago Yellow
MOA Yellow
“Madam Jeanette x goronong”
Jamaican Jerk
Burkina Yellow
Atomic SB
Foodarama Red
Bahamian Goat
Datil
CGN21566
MOA Red
Berbere
Tunisian Sweet
Tunisian Hot 
Tunisian other 
Madame Jeanette
Habanero Oxkutzcabian Orange
Piment D'Espelette
Hainan Yellow Lantern
Jaranda
Fatalii
Jalapeno Farmer's Market Potato
Aji Peruvian
Mini Rocoto
Lucy
Chile De Agua
Reus
TS Yellow CARDI
Orange Habanero “Veteran”
Aji Oro
Moruga Yellow
Bonda Ma Jaques
Pasilla De Oaxaca
Lemon Drop
Kurtovska Kapia
Greygo
Maras
Urfa
Aleppo
Pimiento Choriceiro
Palmyra

Bonchi
Star of Turkey
Nora
Albanian Red Hot
Jalapeno Biker Billy
Chimayo
Piquillo De Lodosa
Puerto Rican Yellow
Craig's Grande
Bhut Orange Copenhagen
Padron (misnamed)
Vesena Lukschal
Tap de Corti
Corazon
Malih-Helow
Galapagoense
Lanceolatum
Rocoto Red or Yellow (unknown)
Macara Rocoto
Rocoto Montufar
Rocoto Santa Natalia
Tobago Treasure
Pickersgill's Orange

The ones listed as bonchi are pretty much all overwinters. 40 overwinters in total.

Welcome, but

worthless_zpsinv03vn5.gif

winland said:
Welcome, but

worthless_zpsinv03vn5.gif
Ok matey. Just don't expect them to be interesting! ;)

Picture of a Bhut orange Copenhagen in an SWP, subject for grafting chinenses onto, 16 overwinters in tiny 250ml swps and 42 seeds/seedlings in trays for stem fusing trials.

My device for getting 3 stems into a silicone tube to enable the stems to fuse.

Are they pics? Does that count?

:P

A lot of the railways in London exit the city elevated 20 or 30 feet above ground level and the line is elevated on a sequence of arches. These arches are closed off and rented out to businesses. My grow pictured is on the roller door of our railway arch, 12 feet in the air.

When I'm not growing chillies I make Queso Fresco, Queso Oaxaca and Queso Chihuahua for Mexican Restaurants in London.

http://gringadairy.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/QuesoFresco1_72dpi-gringa.jpg

Jeremy pleased to see your glog ... that certainly is a phenominal list of varieties and so many bonchi ... let's hope you can spread your time between chesse and chillies .. I think they call that "work/life balance"

All the very best for 2016

Hi there Jeremy! I still have seeds for you, including Datil. Just let me know if you're still interested.

Cheers, Tom

kentishman said:
Hi there Jeremy! I still have seeds for you, including Datil. Just let me know if you're still interested.

Cheers, Tom
Hi Tom, yes and thanks. I have seeds for you but I was trialling the pimiento choriceiro as it had been stored too warm. It hasn't done well germinating but my star friend Sira has brought more from her home in Vittoria. I should have it by Thursday and will get it and the Nora off to you then. ;))

John, you're right about the cheese/chilli balance. I have a new pasteuriser being delivered on Tuesday that should wipe off about 2 1/2 hours of every working day! Talk about Christmas come early!

Mark

MarkS said:
Hi Jez

Impressive looking list

All the best for 2016
Thanks Mark.

I have way more sown than I will have space for and you're not too far from me. I'm happy to pass on plenty of seedlings when we know what I have and what you fancy.
robbyjoe01 said:
Hey I'm empresses with the list but do u grow anything else but peppers? Just asking
RobbyJoe, it's more of a list than I have space for but a lot is just to play with trying to do stem fusing  and grafting. We're planning a weekend get together over on the Chillis Galore forum in the UK, sometime in the spring. I'll take a bunch of surplus plants to that too.

But yes I do grow other stuff! For about 18 months now I've had a bunch of stuff growing in a small aquaponics bed. I've had about a dozen Nile Tilapia powering a 470 litre bed in which I've grown Tomatoes, Cucumber, Leeks, Onions, Salad  Leaves, Sorrel, Spinach, Strawberries, Chard. It didn't do well for peppers sadly but those others did great. I've wound it down now as it costs so much to heat over the winter. I have just 3 fish in a 120 litre tote supplying some sorrel and horseradish in an indoor flooded growbed. 2 thugs that will cope just anywhere and soak up nitrogen. The other Tilapia are filleted in the freezer.

Think i got blister scrolling your grow list very nice indeed.Good luck on the new season
Think i got blister scrolling your grow list very nice indeed.Good luck on the new season

Back