• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Chocolate 7 Pod and Brown 7 Pod

No. They are both extremely hot and share other similar caracteristics, but are different as well. The chocolate 7 is more of a reddish brown and a bit more elongated while the brown 7 is more compact and blocky and a much darker brown.

Here is a pic of both that I picked last week:

Chocolate 7
2011-08-14_14-36-35_271.jpg

Brown 7
2011-08-14_14-19-30_76.jpg

Hope that helps!
jacob

Very nice pics Jacob!
Thats nice seeing them side by side for comparison!
I havent grown the Brown 7,,
but my Chocolate 7's look exactly like yours!

Kevin

Very nice pics Jacob!
Thats nice seeing them side by side for comparison!
I havent grown the Brown 7,,
but my Chocolate 7's look exactly like yours!

Kevin
Well they should. They did have the same mama after all. :cool: How do you like them so far? Tastewise they are the best 7 IMO, but then again it's not like you get a lot of time to taste before the heat takes over. They are also the mildest 7 to me, but not mild by no means. When I get a few Brown 7 seeds, I will let you know. Just started isolating so may be a bit though.

jacob

Can you please put me on that list for brown 7 seeds? THey look great! :onfire: THey look alot like my douglahs just a little darker. I wonder why the chocolate have such a different shape? THe brown look like most of my other 7's but the choc look way different.

:cool: Yes I agree they have a wonderful flavor Jacob!
and are prolly the tastiest of the 7's I have tried so far!
And my plants from your seeds are extremely prolific!! :dance:
I highly recommend the Chocolate 7!!

Kevin

Can you please put me on that list for brown 7 seeds? THey look great! :onfire: THey look alot like my douglahs just a little darker. I wonder why the chocolate have such a different shape? THe brown look like most of my other 7's but the choc look way different.
I should be able to send you some. Hoping to isolate several pods. The Brown 7 and Douglah are similar. It is hard to tell from the pic, but the Brown 7 is bigger than the douglahs.

jacob

EDIT: The choc 7 is a cross made with a 7 pot and jamaican hot chocolate, if I remember correctly, and originally came from a member here. I actually got mine from Peppermania in a garden of fire pack a couple of years ago. That is probably why the shape is so different as well as a more reddish brown color. Probably why it is a bit milder compared to the other 7's and why the taste is better, too.

Thanks jjs7741 for the pics and info that clears things up for me. I would like to find some isolated seed for these two types. Thanks once again jjs7741 and have a nice evening.

I have the Douglahs and the 7 Browns…I didn't know there was a 3rd one. My Douglahs are monsters!! As a matter of fact I had my first Douglah pizza of the season last Saturday…simply incredible!!

Back