sweets Chocolate bar

HellfireFarm

eXtreme Business
Just finished work on a new product: HFF's Xocolatl "hot" chocolate bar - named after the original Mayan hot chocolate drink. They would make a hot "tea" of chocolate, cinnamon, and habanero.

Milk chocolate, cinnamon, and habanero.

I would offer some for feedback or as trials, but chocolate will NOT ship well during summer! Someone should probably expect one for Secret Satan this year.

20240724_220516.jpg

(yes, just looks like a regular chocolate bar...)

I used to make “HOT” Fudge and take it to the local holiday partys. A real eye opener for the non-spice eating crowd. At the time I put yellow bhut powder and a bit of mint in the mix. Many did enjoy it though.

Mint - that's the other chocolate I make: "Cool Heat" mint patties with Serrano. It's been crazy popular, but I think this one is going to outsell it.

This is a great idea
Will you be trying with other varieties?
Or do you plan on adding fruit and habanero in the chocolate?

I'm not a fan of mint chocolate,
But majority of people like that combo
Keep up the great work 😎

Not likely to do any actual fruit or pepper any time soon, just the oils. Additives like in chocolate that get into regulatory issues I don't want to deal with at this point.

I want to try to get my habanero nougat working again but nougat is really difficult to work with, and probably going to revisit my Dragon Eggs (strawberry ganache with DB pepper covered in white chocolate). Trying to come up with other combinations too.

If you do like the chocolate and mint combo, you may consider infusing the cream with leaves of the "chocolate mint" plant. It makes a great syrup and can be aa based for other flavorings. I have used the infused cream for ganache before.

Back