• If you have a question about commercial production or the hot sauce business, please post in Startup Help.

Chocolate Fire

I got these nice peppers from Hybrid Mode 01 and made this sauce out of them. I used all but 2 of these peppers for 8oz of sauce. All that is in it is 3 tbs honey, 1/4 cup ACV, salt and juice from 1 lime. These are douglahs and bhuts.

Attachments

• sauce.JPG
    sauce.JPG
    128.4 KB · Views: 66
  • sauce1.JPG
    sauce1.JPG
    115.6 KB · Views: 70
  • sauce2.JPG
    sauce2.JPG
    55.7 KB · Views: 66
SavinaRed said:
only took out a few seeds from 2 of each kind of pepper and saved them for next season. I always leave in the seeds :)

Rustic & Radioactive! Sounds awesome and HOT!

Just by the looks of those peppers, I can only imagine the heat from this. Simple and to the point -all about the focus on the peppers without extraneous additions- love it!! :onfire:

pepperguy1 said:
How does it taste? :drunk:
The one in the OP is extremely hot and right off the bat your entire mouth is on fire then it works its way down to your throat, chest and stomach. It seems hotter than the reaper sauce I made last year.

The choc had sauce is delicious and is probably 7/10 heat whereas the choc bhut/doughlah  is 10/10 heat.

I just made a sauce with the same peppers (and a few other chocs).......i added ginger, roasted pumpkin, garlic, parsnip & agave

came out really nice.......could have stretched it out more, it is pretty hot......you can't really distinguish any of the other ingredients, but they provide a ton of depth (which is kind of what i go for)

i think if you added MORE pumpkin and ginger, you could get some really good flavors

i used 3 sandwich bags of peppers.....one whole ginger root, two small sugar pumpkins (roasted) and 2 bulbs of garlic.....i think if you really want lots of ginger flavor you might do better really steeping and softening the ginger all day.....and adding more pumpkin

as i said, i want to the peppers to shine....and just look for some interesting depth.......but as base flavors you could do well with the combo

color came out nice, too

12063532_10208027308464303_1077125857188562636_n.jpg

12122501_10208038751990384_8052408913900323958_n.jpg

Those look beautiful! what do you use to screen the sauce? I have a food mill (oxo one) but it still seems like I get small bits in there. Yours looks all uniform

Back