• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

chinense Chocolate Reaper cross, F2

Here`s one of the best phenotypes from my Chocolate Reaper cross. It`s Reaper x chocolate superhot,  :party: I like it as it is nothing like a Reaper.

I have 3 different phenotypes to take forward to F3, 2 of which have tails. As for this one, "is it hot, you ask?" See the review below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U0lQW5-6Qxs

romy6 said:
 Glad to see ya back Nigel just hasn't been the same without ya  :dance:  :dance:

Pods look deadly . :fire:

I echo the same sentiments as romy6.  Your wealth of knowledge and experience brings some much more information to all of us at THP.

Glad to see you back Nigel!!
I like how you were able to taste it before it kicked in. Scary how you kept saying how it was still ramping up for several minutes until right around 9:45 when you said it was finally peaking. Add to that, not long after it started working on your throat. You likened to swallowing a hot chunk of coal that was slowly working it's way down your throat.
Well done :party:

neoguy said:

I echo the same sentiments as romy6.  Your wealth of knowledge and experience brings some much more information to all of us at THP.

That`s really kind of you, Man. Thanks so much!

Hawaiianero said:
Glad to see you back Nigel!!
I like how you were able to taste it before it kicked in. Scary how you kept saying how it was still ramping up for several minutes until right around 9:45 when you said it was finally peaking. Add to that, not long after it started working on your throat. You likened to swallowing a hot chunk of coal that was slowly working it's way down your throat.
Well done :party:
Thanks, that really is very cool of you! 

Damn thing was the hottest pod I ate this year. Hotter than the Chocolate Borg 9, which also tasted like dilute crap. I have this crazy  idea that a food item should taste good and we should breed for that trait, go figure  :rolleyes:

Good to see you, Nigel, in all your painful glory!

Great review. :clap:   " ...best tasting chocolate superhots I've had actually...which isn't saying much"  LOL

All that you went through?...that would be me just "licking the knife"!

Nigel, it is really great to see you post reviews again! I think you are the best reviewer around for many reasons. Mostly, because of the great details you give on the insights of the taste and the heat of each pod. There are many people who love you here and we have all missed you. Thanks for another review and I am glad you back again. Tom

Nigel said:
Here`s one of the best phenotypes from my Chocolate Reaper cross. It`s Reaper x chocolate superhot,  :party: I like it as it is nothing like a Reaper.

I have 3 different phenotypes to take forward to F3, 2 of which have tails. As for this one, "is it hot, you ask?" See the review below.

The second and fourth pic look like gobs of chocolate mousse. Hows that for deception?

IMG_0864.JPG

IMG_0866.JPG

IMG_0865.JPG

i ended up with 1 plant of these , a cross no one has seen or identify , these suckers are hot . they look some what similar ?  nigels are more tapered tho . 

Student of Spice said:
They kind of look like they have qualities of the moruga, sb moa, and a brainstrain in the above picture

yes they do have all those looks , these suckers pacha on helluva punch .  definitely growing out some this year !      :onfire:

I have three to four selections in mind that have traits I like. It would require a three or four way cross and maybe some back crosses to make it work,maybe.

moruga welder said:
attachicon.gif
IMG_0864.JPG
attachicon.gif
IMG_0866.JPG
attachicon.gif
IMG_0865.JPG
i ended up with 1 plant of these , a cross no one has seen or identify , these suckers are hot . they look some what similar ?  nigels are more tapered tho . 
should have sectioned one.

Back