• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

chinense Chocolate Reaper cross, F2

A very impeccable review as usual Nigel, :clap:  Great to have you back, I have sorely missed your reviews here.
You really looked like you where in pain, had it been me, well lets just say " you are a better man than me Gunga Din."
I look forward to seeing more of your reviews.

Glad to see you back
Glad also you havent advanced to the media whore level that most have late in this year
Keep in mind your old style and youll continually surpass Bil Moore and his slut/whore ways as he fails to now be a voice in the super hot ranks of reviewers

cone9 said:
Good to see you, Nigel, in all your painful glory!

Great review. :clap:   " ...best tasting chocolate superhots I've had actually...which isn't saying much"  LOL

All that you went through?...that would be me just "licking the knife"!

Cheers Dave!
cycadjungle said:
Nigel, it is really great to see you post reviews again! I think you are the best reviewer around for many reasons. Mostly, because of the great details you give on the insights of the taste and the heat of each pod. There are many people who love you here and we have all missed you. Thanks for another review and I am glad you back again. Tom

Thanks a lot Tom, I really appreciate your words.
D3monic said:
Shape reminds me of Jamaican Hot Chocolate. All I know is I would have been wearing gloves. I'm too prone to burning orifices lol. 

Hahahaha, I know I should, but I`m just a complete idiot. I grew Jamaican Hot Chocolate this year (it`s my favourite Hab) and they are similar, but the Reaper X is more contorted and bumpier. Similar size, though. Not that similar in punch  :P
moruga welder said:
Glad to finally meet you Nigel !  Welcome back my friend !    :onfire:

You too, thanks a lot for the welcome!
CAPCOM said:
Well, I just got an unintentional early Christmas present. Thanks Nigel

So where`s mine??? LOL, thanks.
MisterBigglesworth said:
Music by Daniel Carter?    Family member, I presume. 

Talented family, for sure.

And a bit mental.

:onfire: :onfire: :onfire:

My Nephew, yep. He`s the talented one!
CAPCOM said:
Nigel, did you get enough to make powder and if so, what characteristics carried over when dried?

I didn`t make powder, as I absolutely hate making powder. The first time I ever did it was with 7-pot Douglahs and I ended up with about 2lbs of powder. Never again. Ever.

Plant was extremely productive, much more so than any of the other 16 plants of the F2. That was another reason to keep it for F3.
Shorerider said:
Great review Nigel, nice to meet you. 

SR.

Cheers Mate! 

TNKS said:
Glad to see you back
Glad also you havent advanced to the media whore level that most have late in this year
Keep in mind your old style and youll continually surpass Bil Moore and his slut/whore ways as he fails to now be a voice in the super hot ranks of reviewers
I`ll never have ads, I just don`t believe in it for this format. I`m not trying to get famous, or on TV and I started doing this in part to honour a friend on THP who died (Pepperproblem). I`d say it was a labour of love, but the stomach cramps kinda taint that sentiment  :P

I only review products I can be 100% honest about, so you won`t see many. I also do not solicit companies, asking for samples. If someone asks, I`m happy to do it, as long as they expect a review that clearly reflects my opinions. I do not mean that Bill doesn`t do that, not at all. Bill is a good friend of mine and I`m sorry that your opinion is negative. I am also not being critical of your opinion, we all have `em  :lol:

Nigel said:
I`ll never have ads, I just don`t believe in it for this format. I`m not trying to get famous, or on TV and I started doing this in part to honour a friend on THP who died (Pepperproblem). I`d say it was a labour of love, but the stomach cramps kinda taint that sentiment  :P

I only review products I can be 100% honest about, so you won`t see many. I also do not solicit companies, asking for samples. If someone asks, I`m happy to do it, as long as they expect a review that clearly reflects my opinions. I do not mean that Bill doesn`t do that, not at all. Bill is a good friend of mine and I`m sorry that your opinion is negative. I am also not being critical of your opinion, we all have `em  :lol:
May Shawn continue to shine upon the pepper world.. I believe my good pal Melissa still has a living plant from the flats you and Shane gave me... is the X from one of his plants ??
Or was it about you doing reviews....

KiNGDeNNiZ said:
May Shawn continue to shine upon the pepper world.. I believe my good pal Melissa still has a living plant from the flats you and Shane gave me... is the X from one of his plants ??
Or was it about you doing reviews....

I have a single plant left that came from Shawn - 7-pot douglah. 

No the x is mine, not associated with Shawn. He and I talked about doing reviews the week he died (he said no and didn`t want to "leave a digital footprint" as he put it) and in fact were going to meet at a brewery to talk peppers with the brewers the day he died. 

Back