• If you have a question about commercial production or the hot sauce business, please post in The Food Biz.

Choking chicken Srirachi sauce

1.5lb Red Savina habs
6173891262_72f46d34d4.jpg

Pureed and the start of fermentation
6197844820_2c36d74775.jpg

Cook down after 7days fermenting
6203510263_f1134076e6.jpg

Puree ala vita-mix
6204027102_1947328065.jpg

Hang time
6204026952_8b3315cbf7.jpg

Complete, decided not to sieve
6204027254_3d3a9c44b1.jpg

Ingredients:
Red Habs
Coconut palm sugar
Red Hawaiian Salt
Garlic
White Vinegar
Fish Sauce

Tasted each day of the fermentation process and each time tasted different. Started out with an almost harsh sharpness and each day that slowly went away. The sharpness is gone and the fruity flavor of the habs and fish sauce comes through before you get kicked in the throat by the heat. Slight twang of acid and nice saltiness.

That looks pretty good. Usually the bottled stuff we get here, Tuong Ot Sriracha by Huy Fong foods, lists the ingredients as chili, sugar, salt, garlic, and vinegar along with some preservatives. I like your recipe but would probably add some sugar.

I still have some Red Savinas that Midwestchilehead sent and I think I'm gonna try this one. Coconut palm sugar? Never used that before. Nor cal, can u PM me some more details so I don't screw it up? Mahalos!

I still have some Red Savinas that Midwestchilehead sent and I think I'm gonna try this one. Coconut palm sugar? Never used that before. Nor cal, can u PM me some more details so I don't screw it up? Mahalos!

Simple recipe
Course chop peppers in food processor (I snipped stem but left the green star on the pepper, supposed to give a more floral flavor)
Add garlic and salt
Place in qt jar out of direct sunlight at room temp and let ferment at least 3days
When fermentation is complete pour into blender, add sugar and vinegar to taste
Puree till smooth and adjust seasonings
Sieve if you like and enjoy

I use it for the mild sweetness and low GI
51AnvwoNcsL._SS500_.jpg

Spinach frittata with sriracha, it was pretty damn hot!
6205465977_84cd51c0c1.jpg

I LOVE frittatas that looks awesome. Did you make it in the cast iron? Bonus points if so.

Back