• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

review cholula sauce review.

hello everyone i doubt this will be very interesting but everyone has to start somewhere.

ok first packaging: I like it, its bright colorful and has a instantly recognizable cap. i really do like the wooden cap. The bottle is designed like a larger Tabasco bottle with the built in dripper.

Pouring: Pouring this sauce can be kinda difficult since you don't know how much your going to get. the usual pattern is "drop, drop, glop."

consistency/texture: the sauce is very thin and the texture is almost gritty?

Aroma: vinegar. this sauce is very vinegary.

taste/heat: the vinegar is slightly overpowering in this sauce and the heat is instant and peaks about 10s in then lasts for about 3 or so minutes. and on a scale of 1-10 this is about a 2-3.

and my first video:
cheers Neil for getting me started.

your review is about spot on, I dont mind the cholula sauce, its way better than the original tabasco sauce!
as for the video try youtube & then post the link.

that was actualy the first time i ever tried it.. asides from the bummed take. but damn i got that "shatner" thing going on there... i need to work on that... gona be hard.

hmm i wonder what happend to the video it works now and the direct link is gone... hmmm thanks mods!

I can tell you are inspired by the other reviewers. Your influences come across.;) Good work.

indeed they truely are awe inspiring.. so what i have lined up for future reviews are. the DD sauces i sent to neil (garlic and mustard) montezuma's revenge. (canadian) pappys moonshine madness so hot you'll go blind sauce. (extract but tolerable) Spontaneous combustion (extract and slightly scary) nagasav and for the first time on youtube. THSC afterburner (when they get here) and maaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyybe jersey death. (doubt it thoguh)

perhaps do a orange hab and that dried 7pod when i get it. and also the fresh chili's i have growing when they ripen.

yea its always good to keep a bottle of the mild stuff around so to cater to your less experienced friends. and thanks guys ill work on my delivery and hopefully get my thoughts across quicker in future vids.

I agree with the Cholula review. I do like it better than the Tabasco with the exception of the Tabasco Chipotle. I do kinda like that. It is mild though. My young (6, 7 and 10) grandkids like Cholula. I like the Cholula Seasonings too the Chili Lime and the Chili Roast Garlic. Not much heat in them, but they make great rubs for beef, pork and chicken before smoking them.

I absolutely LOVE Cholula sauce!! Its my favorite non hot type sauce. I love it on hashbrowns, I normally use about half a bottle though.

yea its got that classic taste to it. if they added maybe more pequins or perhaps concentrated it down? it might be hotter.

Back