• If you have a question about commercial production or the hot sauce business, please post in Startup Help.

Chris Schlesinger's "Inner Beauty" hot sauce

I saw a video recently (maybe on this site?) showing Chef Chris Schlesinger making a very nice hot sauce in a shiny Breville blender. I decided to give it a go in my red Vitamix and matching Le Creuset saucier. If you buy the right toys, you're a chef, right?

I didn't deviate from his recipe, other than going heavier on the peppers than he did. Next time I'm going to incorporate onion and garlic, grill everything and call it done.

The ingredients:

The blender full of bonnets:

The sauce about to begin simmering:

And the bottled product:

I REALLY like how this sauce turned out, I avoided blending it for too long as I wanted a little substance. I can't wait to start messing with the recipe!

Here's the video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6emw16nkok

Roguejim said:
Yeah, I posted that video here a few months back. Anyway, does it have a heavy mustard flavor?

Its got more of a curry and scotch bonnet taste... you can taste the mustard, but not nearly as much as I thought when I watched the vid. Crank some out, I'm making my second batch tonight using some Chief brand curry powder from Trinidad. My manager is Guyanese and turned me on to the stuff after tasting the sauce. It must be good because he invited me to his family party this weekend... if I bring lots of sauce.

Back