• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

Christmas light snob

Lol, not that this is too important, but I evidently don't have enough to worry about right now so my mind is reaching.

Outside christmas lights:

I hate colored christmas lights. Unless they are all the same kind and are applied tastefully to just the shrubs, they look BAD.

All white lights look good and are almost a no brainer.......unless..
You put them up the trunk of a tree and not on the branches.

Also blow up anythings are just tacky. I may need to consult hunters on this site about going out at 3 am and bagging some of the snowmen, santas, shreks, etc. that are making our neighborhood look like some freakishly retarded winter nightmare.

Am I the only one?;)

baldman - that house is done tastefully. but wouldnt want to pay the electric bill :lol:

cheezy - I agree with you, blow up or plastic ornaments I think they look dumb/tacky. colored lights I dont have a problem with. what I have a problem with is people turning x-mas lights on before thanksgiving & leaving them on damn near the whole winter or a month after x-mas :rolleyes:
& sometimes to much is really tacky too!

I like the icicle type lights that hang from the roof edge

Canuk Pepperhead said:
Whats even more annoying than those plastic blowups are the plastic blowups that play music....Id like to dive on a few of those lol

No...don't take them out. I know someone last year who did, got caught and had to apologize to the owners and pay for new ones, per the cops/judge ruling.

This cracks me up. It was making the internet rounds a couple years ago.

Embedded media from this media site is no longer available

Old, but I still laugh. Just that song is funny.

chuk hell said:
This cracks me up. It was making the internet rounds a couple years ago.

Embedded media from this media site is no longer available

Old, but I still laugh. Just that song is funny.

Some people just don't know when to quit.lol. Christmas nerds...gimme a break!

Back